Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

You're right. I just checked my order and mine is the 3.0. I thought it was the 2.5 and have probably told half a dozen people that's what it is. Oh well.

My roadrace car has the horn hooked up also :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

You're right. I just checked my order and mine is the 3.0. I thought it was the 2.5 and have probably told half a dozen people that's what it is. Oh well.

My roadrace car has the horn hooked up also :rolleyes:
I wanted to keep my horn functional but it was about 100* and I was going to have to do too much thinking so it's been tucked up for another day lol

I remember the horn taking more effort than it should've. I think it came with male/female wire end problems. I know I had to make an adapter for the wheel side, can't remember on the car side (different car anyway). Probably took at least one trip to the parts store. I remember thinking how stupid it was that I spent hours making the horn work on my race car. In hindsight ... it was.

Check this out-
image.jpeg

Doesn't really look like a compound setup other than being located next to each other.
That's a 4.8 in a Buick GNX.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Compound boost is cool though. My old college roommate built a compound boost Detroit for his show truck.

Really wanting to get started on my car
:(

Really wanting to get started on my car
:(

I made a post about 2-3 years ago somewhere; no idea where, so I'll paraphrase.

*ahem*

"My fiance is totally cool with cars, her family races, so I'm not worried about being able to work on cars and spend money on them once we're married."

As soon as they invent time travel, I will go back in time to the point at which I made such statement and kick my past self SQUARE IN THE EFFING BALLS.

That said, the trade off is worth it. :shrug: The only way we could have done better is be like @RacEoHolic330 and finish the car before we get hitched (I think I remember him mentioning he was engaged?) But then again.... People like you and I never finish a car, do we?

Reactions: 2 users

*ahem*

"My fiance is totally cool with cars, her family races, so I'm not worried about being able to work on cars and spend money on them once we're married."

As soon as they invent time travel, I will go back in time to the point at which I made such statement and kick my past self SQUARE IN THE EFFING BALLS.

That said, the trade off is worth it. :shrug: The only way we could have done better is be like @RacEoHolic330 and finish the car before we get hitched (I think I remember him mentioning he was engaged?) But then again.... People like you and I never finish a car, do we?

I've made a similar statement in the past.

"My fiance is totally cool with cars, her dad has an 07 GT500 and her brother has an 03 GT, so I'm not worried about being able to work on cars and spend money on them once we're married."

Tying the knot in 2 weeks. Only time will tell, right?? She was totally cool with me going to Mustang Week within a few weeks of the wedding, so I owe her one there!

Reactions: 2 users
I can tell you a storm is coming for me. I've not touched my car or spent a dime on it in a couple of months now. I am being responsible and paying everything off first. But mark my words, once it's time to make that first purchase of more than $100, the fuzz is gonna fly!

I can tell you a storm is coming for me. I've not touched my car or spent a dime on it in a couple of months now. I am being responsible and paying everything off first. But mark my words, once it's time to make that first purchase of more than $100, the fuzz is gonna fly!

See my wife was into cars and likes going to events, but I made sure to "incorporate her in the builds". Hence my junkyard build, she built the motor, and learned to install it and troubleshoot.

Now here's how I sneak stuff in, I let her drive (scares the crap out of me :hide:), but then she realizes these seats aren't as comfy, the steering could be better, and it could need MORE Power........sure honey new seats, supercharger, HCI swap, and 03 cobra rack haha:D

But yes the car budget shrinks, because house and her come first.

Wait until kids come into the picture...you only think you don't have money/time/etc etc. I went 6 years without anything remotely "fun" to work on/drive. I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 "hotrods" before 25 and another couple into early 30's...then darn near 10 years before having "fun". Love my kids, but....lol

Reactions: 3 users
Then the kids grow up, the old trusty stang has been waiting quietly (read ignored) off to the side of the drive
and boom......

Coyote Swap :burnout:

Oh and it needs to look nice if Im riding in it, lol ;)

That's a great wife!!

Reactions: 1 users
Tying the knot in 2 weeks.
I've got 2 days :eek:

*ahem*

That said, the trade off is worth it.
cid:4F8B3BA1-90F3-4D9A-A8ED-AB8B94711CD7@mobilenotes.apple.com
The only way we could have done better is be like @RacEoHolic330 and finish the car before we get hitched (I think I remember him mentioning he was engaged?) But then again.... People like you and I never finish a car, do we?

In the past 30ish days I've paid off our credit cards, ditched my car and some stuff totaling about $800/mo, paid back her student loan from work, and tried to pave myself a nice smooth road to car building.

Time will tell I guess. I handle our finances for the most part so as long as I do the stuff we're working towards I've got a little freedom. I haven't ordered any parts yet because she's running around like a lunatic about the wedding and I already fear for my safety.

And yes, it's never gonna get finished anyways :D

Reactions: 3 users
I've got 2 days :eek:

In the past 30ish days I've paid off our credit cards, ditched my car and some stuff totaling about $800/mo, paid back her student loan from work, and tried to pave myself a nice smooth road to car building.

Time will tell I guess. I handle our finances for the most part so as long as I do the stuff we're working towards I've got a little freedom. I haven't ordered any parts yet because she's running around like a lunatic about the wedding and I already fear for my safety.

And yes, it's never gonna get finished anyways :D
Keep her happy with whatever she wants with the wedding, after all, a wedding is typically more important to the woman than it is to the man. The man just wants an open bar after promising his life away in front of an audience. When all is said and done she'll be flipping through wedding photos and sending out thank you cards while you're in the garage opening boxes of car parts. Best of luck bro.