Progress Thread Tfs 205cc 302 Build

It's a power bond sfi unit that I had double key wayed for the blower . I bought the same one just zero balance its a nice unit

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpg
Thought I'd post a before pic. This is the only engine bay pic I have. Weather has taken a dump so still no progress.

Reactions: 2 users
Gotta tell ya this weather has been horrible. Winter just won't let up. -14 degrees below zero for lows and highs only been teens. When it's gotten a little warmer(30) it snows. I'm getting old. I hate this crap. And to make things worse I slipped and messed up my back. Have no idea when Im going to get a chance to start. Depressing but it's almost March and hopefully it warms up(usually start seeing some 40's-50's by middle of month) and I can start.

That sucks man. Here in the south we are whining when it goes below freezing. But I will have to say, I am ready for winter to be over. Not looking forward to 90+ degree days, but I will enjoy the 70 degree spring days.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
I just can't imagine living somewhere that it snows EVERY winter. Sub freezing weather for weeks? I'm out. I'd be calling U Haul..

If my entire family didn't live here I'd already have moved. Oh well Ive spent nearly 45 years here and it always gets to me at this point in the season. Spring is close and I get antsy. Especially with my car project. I am just hoping for an avg to above avg March. I also have realized that I'm going to have to fully insulate and heat my garage going forward. Then I can keep my sanity and say F winter. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
-14 deg :puke:

Here in Spokane normally it's all white outside and freezing temps but it's been about 45 deg or warmer lately and the forecast shows 60+ in the next week! :cool: Gotta get this fuking stang on the road!!!

I'm from San Diego, born and raised there 33+ years and now I love all 4 seasons here in Spokane, WA. Typically I get tired of Winter right before Spring is kicking in which is good timing. This summer I will be insulating my garage and adding a Mr. Heater Big Maxx natural gas heater :flame:80k BTU.....Bring the heat!

Without wasting everyone's time...no update:(. All I can say is everyone should have my exwife for an exwife. I'm 2k into an attorney with more to go and haven't had the time to even try to work on it. Work has exploded and I'm busy/tired afterwards so I'm actually contemplating taking it to a shop. I really really don't want to do this but if I want to get this thing running and still have some summer to enjoy it I think this is my solution.

Signed...NOT HAPPY :mad:

Without wasting everyone's time...no update:(. All I can say is everyone should have my exwife for an exwife. I'm 2k into an attorney with more to go and haven't had the time to even try to work on it. Work has exploded and I'm busy/tired afterwards so I'm actually contemplating taking it to a shop. I really really don't want to do this but if I want to get this thing running and still have some summer to enjoy it I think this is my solution.

Signed...NOT HAPPY :mad:

Feel your pain there. I could have bought a nice car or small house with what I ended up paying divorce attorneys. I am going to pm you with the best advice I can give you.

I feel sorry for you bro. Nothing wrong with paying someone else to do the work for you so you can enjoy your toy before its frickin cold again. I have even contemplated doing the same thing. I'm working so much OT lately and wanting to spend time with the kids so I'm thinking why not? I've already done 90% of the work myself so I won't feel as if I didn't build my car.

Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it!!!

-Willie Nelson in Dukes of Hazard

Thanks guys. Don't want to start a pity party. Lol. :)I bit the bullet. Going to the shop Monday! Right now it's to rebuild the rearend and do a few things lol. Should have the motor and everything done in a few weeks. He's actually an old racing buddy who's been drag racing for 40 years. Going to clay the Pistons and order the pushrods etc next week. He's not crazy busy and is going to start working on it right away. But if he does get too busy it's going to have to wait. He's giving me a good deal on labor rate and gave me a time table of at worst being done in a month(actually should be done in 2 weeks but for chits and giggles he said a month) this includes building the rearend,swapping out the fuel pump(it's not that old but making a ton of noise) doing the h/c/i(and MAF,inj,balancer,wp,etc) doing my front coilovers and rear shocks/springs. I still will need to do the torque boxes(mine are still in perfect shape)and rear TeamZ uca lca later. I already have maximum motorsports lca in the car and am just going to roll with them for the year. I don't plan on making very many track passes. Probably just a few shake downs to see where it's it and DRIVE it! Besides I still need a good rear tire. Nittos stink at the track and isn't going to stress anything to the point of breakage. Now if I could just find a runaway bus to pass by my ex's....:thinking: