Thanks Mickey...for The Driveability Issues.

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
SE Georgia
Well, as much I visit Disney since I live here and have season passes, I think Mr. Mickey Mouse paid me a visit. I have been having a driveability issue for quite some time. The car feels flat, makes a whole lot of noise and wont go anywhere and seems to stumble often. I started to work on it today. So far:

Drank a beer
Changed the oil (needed it)
Drank a beer
Cleaned MAF
Drank a beer
Changed fuel filter
Drank some fuel (and a beer)

Still need to do:
Replace MAF housing (cracked) so, there is some of my problem
Fuel pump (data logging was only showing 25-35 psi and bouncing all over in that range)
Fuel sending unit (needle moving randomly)
Plugs
Coils (finally going to get around to change the Ebay specials I payed 99 for all 8 for when I was broke like 7 years ago. That's right, 8 Ebay coils for 99.99 and they are still working:rlaugh::shrug:).
Good fuel induction cleaning
Lastly, thanks to Mr. Mickey Mouse...

20140808_121231_zpsfd6a60de.jpg

A new pigtail for the MAF, which I am sure this is where the majority of the problems are coming from.

I despise rodents and squirrels. At least the squirrels are good with some BBQ sauce.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same issue with a old truck. It seemed like if I left it sitting for a week, some pack rats were getting in it. They were nesting on the engine with the fabric off the hood. I found chewed wires, cracked nuts, rat poop, all kinds of nasty stuff. I started putting posion under the hood if it was going to set very long.

~~knock on wood~~ no issues lately.

It was from the old shop. I never really drive the car. I am now more than usual until I get a new truck since the Exploder died and was sold. I was next door to a car wash and a wing joint and whenever the Orkin guy would come I would inherit the problem for a few days. Normally they went a way after a few days but, eventually they ended up staying because a few of my guys were not so tidy and left food left overs in the basement trash rather than out in the dumpster in the parking lot. Sometimes I would leave the car in the shop and run home so, I guess I am glad that that is all that happened.