Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

image.jpeg

Grinder and paint = $100 bracket

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

You guys crack me up.

As much as I'd like to have it in the car tomorrow, I have somewhere to go tomorrow and Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon is prepping the house for Sunday.

I can't win.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same boat as you, work today, family in town tonight. Tomorrow is a Cinco/Birthday party at my Uncle's house (that is AWESOME) and will go well into the night then Sunday is Mother's day.

Reactions: 2 users
My wife and I are going to a NASCAR race tomorrow, we have hot passes for the pits, and we're staying overnight at a nice hotel. AND I'LL STILL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR HER ON SUNDAY!

Women need to appreciate cars more, I think for Father's Day I'm going to tell my wife that I just want her to fetch fresh beers for me all day as I work on my car.

Reactions: 2 users
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I made a sheet metal skin for my alternator bracket and knocked down the welds on my a/c bracket. They're getting powder coated now. I am tickled ****less.
Those that can, do.

Those that can't, pay.

Good job on the welding too, Looks like you have decided to become a TIG Jedi....I was gonna challenge you, and say that you weenied out and took it to somebody to MIG, but didn't need another guy sending me to time out for being so mean.

Reactions: 4 users
Those that can, do.

Those that can't, pay.

Good job on the welding too, Looks like you have decided to become a TIG Jedi....I was gonna challenge you, and say that you weenied out and took it to somebody to MIG, but didn't need another guy sending me to time out for being so mean.
Funny story about the tig. It doesn't spatter as you know, so I've become very lax in my fabrication attire. Yesterday, I was wearing something I only know as a "wife beater" or sleevless tee as I was doing yard work before going in the garage. Between that hour mowing and another hour on the torch, my Scottish-German Lilly white shoulders are now a shade I can only describe as titty pink.

Reactions: 1 users
image.jpeg

Exhibit A.
DAAAMMMNNN!!!!.....

You are more burned than me, and I've been in the south Florida sun.

(Only most of the time I've been in a Burka)

The last time I experienced "ancillary damage" from a TIG, was after helping a friend tack weld a whole bunch of pieces together.

I was told to look away each time he struck the arc. (Which I did) only not far enough.

Imagine getting a burn like that on your eyes....
potato-slices.jpg

The only solution short of an emergency room visit.

Yeah man.

Now - I have 1.5 hrs to drill and install the oil drain in the pan, install the oil pan, hammer in the freeze plugs, install the mounts and set it in the car. Here we go.

Reactions: 4 users