Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

May be an optical illusion.. But that top radiator hose does not look like its going to be very happy

They all get relocated..
image.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I finished the merge last night. It's not pretty by any stretch. I have a lot of learning to do with the TIG yet and I need to start prepping the inside of the pipe if I ever have any hope of making a decent looking bead. I've given up on making good looking welds for now in favor of getting this sh*t done because I'm tired of d*cking with it and making minimal progress. I guess I know who to get mad at when welds start cracking.

mw672z.jpg
1klAqV.jpg
GyYGOC.jpg
g6srE6.jpg
e7maUu.jpg
jGf9nf.jpg
OOyRop.jpg
X7Fljl.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
** Lets try this again...

TIG is just too damn finicky for somebody as impatient as me. Obviously, every single part of the weld joint has to be clean and prepped to have a prayer of stuff sticking together, and looking good at the same time.

That's why Mike's goto is, and always will be, the "Honey Badger" mig.

I give up.........It's just not gonna post this damn picture.

Attachments

• 92479DD5-0F4B-4E88-BAF3-4A8417407101_zpspga6evwi.JPG
    92479DD5-0F4B-4E88-BAF3-4A8417407101_zpspga6evwi.JPG
    896.7 KB · Views: 119
There's part of me that wants to scrap this entire hot side endeavor and start over. But Im too committed now and will deal with it when it fails. I got all the welding about done last night but ran out of rods.

IMG_5901.JPG

Should be able to start the down pipe when I get home today.

Reactions: 3 users
There's part of me that wants to scrap this entire hot side endeavor and start over. But Im too committed now and will deal with it when it fails. I got all the welding about done last night but ran out of rods.

IMG_5901.JPG

Should be able to start the down pipe when I get home today.

They won't be able to see it when you are 6 lengths ahead of em. No worries.

Reactions: 3 users
Did you by chance ever look at CX racings hot sides? They are the same as On3 but as we know On3 doesn't sell pieces of their kit. They use to have a 5.8 version but 5.0 should work for you too. I know you wanted to build yours, but just a future thought.

Keep up the good work

I wouldn't recommend using any hotside with the downpipe routing like on3's. I can't speak for others, but that style is a major pita to work on.