Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I heard back from customer service from both Taylor and LMR this morning after a little more light prodding. Sounds like both issues may be resolved soon!

Also, I've been texting back and forth with my buddy who does powder coating (Shameless plug - look up Coatings by Coates on Facebook and IG) and he wants to try a new kind of ceramic coating on my hot side. Sounds like it's an internal and external coating that might eliminate the need to heat wrap everything. That's pretty exciting!

Reactions: 5 users
Well, I heard back from customer service from both Taylor and LMR this morning after a little more light prodding. Sounds like both issues may be resolved soon!

Also, I've been texting back and forth with my buddy who does powder coating (Shameless plug - look up Coatings by Coates on Facebook and IG) and he wants to try a new kind of ceramic coating on my hot side. Sounds like it's an internal and external coating that might eliminate the need to heat wrap everything. That's pretty exciting!

Let me know how that turns out.. I may let him do mine too!

Few more details finished up yesterday.
- Welded in O2 bung
- ran vacuum lines for WG and BOV
- zip tied wires out of the way
- Installed other misc pieces

I still don't have a dipstick or a plug for the threaded hole in the pan, so that needs to be fixed ASAP. I also need a barb fitting for a vacuum line at the elbow. Need a belt and also need to finish the heater hoses.

Also, the down pipe ends at the K member. I'm trying to find an On3 Y pipe for cheap so that I don't have to mess with another Frankenstein project. I'm also on the hunt for an electric fan, much to my chagrin and distrust.

Hopefully, I'll get a bonus in the next month and will peel a few hundy off before the wife notices, haha

Few more details finished up yesterday.
- Welded in O2 bung
- ran vacuum lines for WG and BOV
- zip tied wires out of the way
- Installed other misc pieces

I still don't have a dipstick or a plug for the threaded hole in the pan, so that needs to be fixed ASAP. I also need a barb fitting for a vacuum line at the elbow. Need a belt and also need to finish the heater hoses.

Also, the down pipe ends at the K member. I'm trying to find an On3 Y pipe for cheap so that I don't have to mess with another Frankenstein project. I'm also on the hunt for an electric fan, much to my chagrin and distrust.

Hopefully, I'll get a bonus in the next month and will peel a few hundy off before the wife notices, haha

Cruise the parking lots up there for a taurus or a contour. No one will bother you as you remove the fans. They'll just laugh and walk off thinking they're glad their car isn't a broken turd they have to fix in a parking lot... :poo:

Joke. Just a joke...

Reactions: 4 users
Do the contour fan . 108 bucks from summit brand new for the dorman replacement .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
Awesome!

*sarcasm on* I can't believe it! Is it?! Could it be?! It is!!!! Another running turbo car!!!!

*sarcasm off*

Good job Collin. I can't wait to ride in it man!:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
I like this very much..... lol

The engine sounded like you can take more fuel out of it try 5% from the entire curve... then take another 3% from 1400 up.
I need to finish the exhaust before I run it anymore. I think everyone in my neighborhood knows the car runs now between the noise and me running down the driveway screaming like Tom Hanks in Castaway when he finally made the fire

Reactions: 8 users
I can share the enthusiam for your restart. Good job! Again,....the brain that runs your car was built by YOU!!
It's 3 Bananna time!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Like I've said,...I really admire somebody willing to wade into the middle of it to learn "HOW" rather than stand on the curb and watch somebody do it for them.:nice:

I can share the enthusiam for your restart. Good job! Again,....the brain that runs your car was built by YOU!!
It's 3 Bananna time!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Like I've said,...I really admire somebody willing to wade into the middle of it to learn "HOW" rather than stand on the curb and watch somebody do it for them.:nice:

He didn't just build the brain of the beast, he completely fabbed the whole turbo kit from scratch. Built his own engine, and turned all of his own wrenches. Not to mention the paint and body on the engine bay. VERY impressive.:nice:

Reactions: 4 users