Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

This makes me sad.

Don't worry. It'll be a beast, or he'll tear it down and change it up. The cool thing about turbo cars is, they love highway gears. That's the one thing that makes a three speed doable these days. I've got a friend with an1800 hp camaro with a 108mm snail that runs a TH400 and annihilates people on the highway.

Reactions: 1 user
This weekend, the car gave me the ol one-two punch Friday and a final knockout yesterday.

Friday was an exercise in futility, and all by things I caused. (no gas in the tank, loose distributor).
Yesterday was just a pain altogether. @Boosted92LX brought me a clutch to use for a test lap, so I figured I'd fire it up for him. First, the BRAND NEW Chinee TFI module went bad, luckily, I had a spare on the bench. After that, it just decided it wasn't going to run. After working with @a91what for 45 minutes, we got it "running" although it was shaking like a dog passing a peach pit, backfiring, and just generally unhappy. The final decision was that all of the antics this weekend ruined the plugs and we weren't getting any fire. The coil also appears to be in need of a boost, so there's another item on the list.

The only good news is that I scored a new-ish JW ultra bell for $300 shipped. It was such a deal that I got my wife to agree to let me borrow money from savings to buy it. I'm right at $1k on the TH400 build.
- Core - $100
- Converter/parts - $600
- Ultra Bell - $300
Another grand should net me all the other stuff I need to buy to convert to auto. The rebuild kits are dirt cheap, but need a shifter/cable/bracket, cross member, and probably a driveshaft.

This weekend, the car gave me the ol one-two punch Friday and a final knockout yesterday.

Friday was an exercise in futility, and all by things I caused. (no gas in the tank, loose distributor).
Yesterday was just a pain altogether. @Boosted92LX brought me a clutch to use for a test lap, so I figured I'd fire it up for him. First, the BRAND NEW Chinee TFI module went bad, luckily, I had a spare on the bench. After that, it just decided it wasn't going to run. After working with @a91what for 45 minutes, we got it "running" although it was shaking like a dog passing a peach pit, backfiring, and just generally unhappy. The final decision was that all of the antics this weekend ruined the plugs and we weren't getting any fire. The coil also appears to be in need of a boost, so there's another item on the list.

The only good news is that I scored a new-ish JW ultra bell for $300 shipped. It was such a deal that I got my wife to agree to let me borrow money from savings to buy it. I'm right at $1k on the TH400 build.
- Core - $100
- Converter/parts - $600
- Ultra Bell - $300
Another grand should net me all the other stuff I need to buy to convert to auto. The rebuild kits are dirt cheap, but need a shifter/cable/bracket, cross member, and probably a driveshaft.

Two things,.....well, three things.

#1. I know that you're online, answer my question.
#2. Seems I was saying something about,.............What was it?,....................OH YEAH!......DRAG CAR.
#3. You're Chinee ignition problems are solved in 4 letters, one number, and a dash......... EDIS-8

Two things,.....well, three things.

#1. I know that you're online, answer my question.
#2. Seems I was saying something about,.............What was it?,....................OH YEAH!......DRAG CAR.
#3. You're Chinee ignition problems are solved in 4 letters, one number, and a dash......... EDIS-8

#1 - I did.
#2 - IMASTREETCAR!!! (old school BoostedGT, anyone?)
#3 - Eventually, yes.

You might get them w/ an ampersand in front of their screen names,.....well that and if you actually referred to them by the proper ones. For instance: @Boosted92LX ;)
Nah, BoostedGT was on theturboforums many years ago before he was a "TV personality" with his street driven race car. He'd run around with the windows down yelling "I'm a street car". It was pretty entertaining.

Nah, BoostedGT was on theturboforums many years ago before he was a "TV personality" with his street driven race car. He'd run around with the windows down yelling "I'm a street car". It was pretty entertaining.
Ok,......Then you forgive me for not knowing the whole backstory then?

Don't we have somebody here already out to prove that his "race car" is in fact a Taco bell getting, driving in the rain street car?......... I think it's green maybe?......

Reactions: 1 users
Ok,......Then you forgive me for not knowing the whole backstory then?

Don't we have somebody here already out to prove that his "race car" is in fact a Taco bell getting, driving in the rain street car?......... I think it's green maybe?......
Yes, you are forgiven. But the difference between the green race car and mine is that I have A/C, P/S, a sound system, plush leather seats, sound deadener, and a functional ash tray door.

Yes, you are forgiven. But the difference between the green race car and mine is that I have A/C, P/S, a sound system, plush leather seats, sound deadener, and a functional ash tray door.

And soon a silky smooth automatic transmission? Do you need a pretentious hat???

All I've done is drink wine and walk on the beach with the wife...
Sounds like a good wknd buddy :)
All's I've done this weekend is listen to my wife whine and think what a beach she's being, it's
Ike our relationships are mirroring each other, huh Allen?
- lol one day Dave, she's going to return the favor-instead of cars it will be jewelry or fancy wines or whatever lol