Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't even install the PiMP. Don't create a larger loss than is necessary. If they like it as is then just drive it and maintain it and save your $$ for when the mod bug hits the Coyote.
Well, it's easily reversible. What else am I gonna do with it?

And I plan on buying a modded coyote. After seeing what a 600 hp coyote costs, I'll let the sucker before me lose money on the parts.

... That sounds harsh. What i mean is the costs of modding really do not add much value, if any at all. 25K buys a niiiiiiiiiiice one.

Reactions: 1 users
Had a bad caliper after less than a year installed. Stops like an F1 car now. To anyOne on the fence about a brake upgrade, you will not regret it.
From what I understand, because of downforce, F1 cars will slow dramatically (equivalent to a stock '15 Vette hard on the binders) just by lifting off the throttle.

So, Uhhh..... you were able to make a Fox Mustang stop like a million dollar car w/ a Cardone replacement caliper?;)

From what I understand, because of downforce, F1 cars will slow dramatically (equivalent to a stock '15 Vette hard on the binders) just by lifting off the throttle.

So, Uhhh..... you were able to make a Fox Mustang stop like a million dollar car w/ a Cardone replacement caliper?;)
Chyeah man. reman parts have come a long way!

He painted it body color Mike- c'mon man. Makes a world of difference, lol

Well, it's easily reversible. What else am I gonna do with it?

And I plan on buying a modded coyote. After seeing what a 600 hp coyote costs, I'll let the sucker before me lose money on the parts.

... That sounds harsh. What i mean is the costs of modding really do not add much value, if any at all. 25K buys a niiiiiiiiiiice one.
Yeah, that oughta get you one with pulley upgrades, better intercooler, rear suspension tweaks/upgrades, clutch/input shaft upgrades.

I had the "starter home" version of one in '13 remember? The faded, chipped, multi-shade yellow one. Although I didn't have it for long enough to for most to take note of, I did learn alot about what they need, or are lacking.

Things to look for if you don't know already: (or in case you forgot)
1. They have a problem w/ cooling that cause the 7/8 cylinder to get really hot. The over heating causes the valvetrain to wear excessively, and you get the "dreaded tick". If it's not too late, there is a kit to rectify that that routes a hose from where a freeze plug was in the head back there, back into the upper rad hose. A real PITA mod. (did mine while the engine was out.
2. Leaks. Oil pan, Oil cooler, Valve covers, rear main.
3. Input shaft on the 6 speed. Factory shaft is 10 spline, upgrade is to go 26 spline.
4. The IRS needs attention. The bushings, the half shafts, and the "thing" (I don't remember what it's called) that keeps the rear end center section located need upgrading if the car is modded to any power over 450WHP.

Yeah, that oughta get you one with pulley upgrades, better intercooler, rear suspension tweaks/upgrades, clutch/input shaft upgrades.

I had the "starter home" version of one in '13 remember? The faded, chipped, multi-shade yellow one. Although I didn't have it for long enough to for most to take note of, I did learn alot about what they need, or are lacking.

Things to look for if you don't know already: (or in case you forgot)
1. They have a problem w/ cooling that cause the 7/8 cylinder to get really hot. The over heating causes the valvetrain to wear excessively, and you get the "dreaded tick". If it's not too late, there is a kit to rectify that that routes a hose from where a freeze plug was in the head back there, back into the upper rad hose. A real PITA mod. (did mine while the engine was out.
2. Leaks. Oil pan, Oil cooler, Valve covers, rear main.
3. Input shaft on the 6 speed. Factory shaft is 10 spline, upgrade is to go 26 spline.
4. The IRS needs attention. The bushings, the half shafts, and the "thing" (I don't remember what it's called) that keeps the rear end center section located need upgrading if the car is modded to any power over 450WHP.
No, no, no. Coyote, as in '11-'14 with a blower and exhaust already installed. They're running in the high $20k range right now with brilliant specimens in the 30's. There is one in particular for even more that I have my eye on that one of the members of this board owns. Have a plan to buy it that will take several months, including the sale of this coupe. A buddy has already declared intent to buy it this summer for his son who will be turning 16.

No, no, no. Coyote, as in '11-'14 with a blower and exhaust already installed. They're running in the high $20k range right now with brilliant specimens in the 30's. There is one in particular for even more that I have my eye on that one of the members of this board owns. Have a plan to buy it that will take several months, including the sale of this coupe. A buddy has already declared intent to buy it this summer for his son who will be turning 16.
Sorry, got confused. That was me lumping ford 4 valved engines together.
Note to self: Termi does not equate to Coyote.

So funny story I guess...

Yesterday on the way home, it was nice outside so I had the windows down and a guy pulls up next to me in a pickup with a car hauler and literally waves a stack of bills at me wanting to buy the car. Went like this -

Wanna sell it?
No, not really. Got a buddy buying it this summer.
How much?
$7500
I got $9k right now.
Really?
*reaches in console and pulls out about a 3" thick stack of bills.*

Ladies and gents, I was about to pull over give him the keys and walk the 5 miles I still had to go for $9k. Instead, he gave me his number and I texted him. Haven't heard back other than he confirmed getting my text.

That is a stupid amount of cash for a so-so fox. I hope he calls back, but realistically, I bet all i get out of it is blue balls.

Lol. That's basically what happened with my old 89. I told the guy 12k(it was the 90's) he said sold! I only had about 10.5-11k in it(including purchase). So I called him and sold it the next weekend. Ended up purchasing a brand new GT. If I were you I'd take the cash and run(if he calls). 9k awfully nice down payment on that Coyote you want:nice:

Lol. That's basically what happened with my old 89. I told the guy 12k(it was the 90's) he said sold! I only had about 10.5-11k in it(including purchase). So I called him and sold it the next weekend. Ended up purchasing a brand new GT. If I were you I'd take the cash and run(if he calls). 9k awfully nice down payment on that Coyote you want:nice:
Well, I'd pay off the balance of the wedding loan and put the rest on my wife's car. Then buy something in the next few months.

Reactions: 1 user
So funny story I guess...

Yesterday on the way home, it was nice outside so I had the windows down and a guy pulls up next to me in a pickup with a car hauler and literally waves a stack of bills at me wanting to buy the car. Went like this -

Wanna sell it?
No, not really. Got a buddy buying it this summer.
How much?
$7500
I got $9k right now.
Really?
*reaches in console and pulls out about a 3" thick stack of bills.*

Ladies and gents, I was about to pull over give him the keys and walk the 5 miles I still had to go for $9k. Instead, he gave me his number and I texted him. Haven't heard back other than he confirmed getting my text.

That is a stupid amount of cash for a so-so fox. I hope he calls back, but realistically, I bet all i get out of it is blue balls.

I wonder how many other people he went waiving that money around to and offering to buy peoples cars just to get them excited before he got robbed and his asss beat down. :shrug:

10252082_10106082438656054_4193487672138164210_n.jpg

Power pleather, beeches! I made sure to post a dirty pic to get a rise outta Mike. I did clean them with Tuff Stuff later in the day and they look MUCH better.

And you know that I'm looking.
I have to do something for entertainment. Married life is.... Well I guess you know.

I did finally install my 10" Sony explode that has been installed in every vehicle I have owned since high school (2003!!!). This makes vehicle 6. If you recall I ran the wires when I did the sound deadener. Forgot to order the adapter for the head unit, so that will be here in a few days. Should be jamming at a level above factory speakers in a few days.

Leather? Check.
Stereo? Check.
Clean-ish appearance? Check.
The ability to outrun anything above 55 mph? :(

Reactions: 1 user
I have to do something for entertainment. Married life is.... Well I guess you know.

I did finally install my 10" Sony explode that has been installed in every vehicle I have owned since high school (2003!!!). This makes vehicle 6. If you recall I ran the wires when I did the sound deadener. Forgot to order the adapter for the head unit, so that will be here in a few days. Should be jamming at a level above factory speakers in a few days.

Leather? Check.
Stereo? Check.
Clean-ish appearance? Check.
The ability to outrun anything above 55 mph? :(

Hey don't feel too down. It runs.. I'm on month number two waiting on a dadgum turbo..