Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

What did you use to sand down the bumper?

What sander, what paper, and what are you doing to control all of the water?

I'm just now starting to use the compressor again to power my ancient ass D/A sander, and my compressor line plumbing, and location for the water separator are way wrong. I get all kinds of water in about 10 minutes of constant usage, and I want that to end.

I'm just now starting to use the compressor again to power my ancient ass D/A sander, and my compressor line plumbing, and location for the water separator are way wrong. I get all kinds of water in about 10 minutes of constant usage, and I want that to end.

220 grit. 90% done by hand because if the contours, edges, and recesses, rest with 220 on DA. This was all done at my buddy's paint shop, so I have no idea what his setup is. You can google air line routing and some great diagrams come up. I need to do some work on the lines in my garage, I have the same issues.

Dude, I've paid it to her in spades lately. Plus, she had a hand in picking the car out, so it wasn't ALL me... I'm nervous as hell right now. Going to the bank in a few minutes to apply for the loan. Shouldnt be any issues, but you never really know..

Don't sweat it. There are plenty of places to get loans if you have decent credit. Credit Unions are a great choice.

Good luck and glad to hear the wife is on board.

Happy wife
Happy life

Complex answer built out of odd parts I had laying around...
Intercooler between the compressor and tank - old auto A/C condenser. It cools the air and makes it easier for the water separator to spin the water out of the compressed air. - Intercooler plumbing - connect one end to the compressor and the other end to a water separator with a drain valve in the bottom.

Remove the drain valve and connect tubing from it to a normally open solenoid valve. The valve closes when the motor is running. When the motor shuts off, the solenoid valve opens up and drains the water from the water separator. The air output of the water separator goes to the one way valve just before the 60 gallon tank that came with the air compressor. Does a great job of keeping water out of the tank and lines. The motor controller and solenoid require a little thought, but it isn't that complex. It really does a good job. Don't skimp on the water separator - buy one intended for industrial use or a paint shop.

Reactions: 1 user
@hoopty5.0 Dude, I could not be happier for you! Congratulations!

To everyone else- I'm gonna gloat a little here... I'm gonna get to ride in it! *voice of kid from The Simpsons*.. Haaaah hah!

Reactions: 1 user
@hoopty5.0 Dude, I could not be happier for you! Congratulations!

To everyone else- I'm gonna gloat a little here... I'm gonna get to ride in it! *voice of kid from The Simpsons*.. Haaaah hah!
Still working out the final touches of the deal, it has been a complete pain in the ass trying to work out the financing. The bank will not loan me the money until I have the title AND proof of inspection in my county. WTF?!?

Still working out the final touches of the deal, it has been a complete pain in the ass trying to work out the financing. The bank will not loan me the money until I have the title AND proof of inspection in my county. WTF?!?

Yeah. That's a leading indicator that you need a new bank. I bank with Texas Dow Employees CU and they will kill themselves to get you into a loan...

Yeah. That's a leading indicator that you need a new bank. I bank with Texas Dow Employees CU and they will kill themselves to get you into a loan...
Well... Im borrowing the money from a relative until I can get the car and title here. Im approved for the loan @ 2.24% which is killer. So, it'll all pan out. Just a PITA.

Reactions: 1 users