Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Did some test fitting last night. The new panels came in and fit like a glove. Only had to do verrrry little shaving on the driver side. Otherwise, they're both an exact fit and very tight. I'd recommend them over the Scott Rod panels due to the ease of install and they're $20 cheaper than the comparable product.

Also slid the rear bumper cover on, the silver lining of all this is that the paint is an exact match in the flourescent light. Not sure on daylight yet.

XBFTWp.jpg
yzg9Gh.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Beer assistant!

What panels are those again? (I'm too lazy to scroll back).... :)

Looks good though. What are the plans to shoot it or are you dead set on rolling the paint on? If so, how will you get it to lay smooth and not "texture"?

Beer assistant!

What panels are those again? (I'm too lazy to scroll back).... :)

Looks good though. What are the plans to shoot it or are you dead set on rolling the paint on? If so, how will you get it to lay smooth and not "texture"?
Well, it's a textured paint, so that's kinda the point. It hides a lot of hickeys. But the panels are from LRS and they're made from Ford tooling, but without the holes and general ugliness of the factory panels.

Piantscratch.com

They'll send you your factory color in a spraycan for twenty bucks or so. They matched my Calypso perfectly. Remember when I painted the sides of my intercooler?

@hoopty5.0

No pictures, just words today. Couldn't get the pic to turn out.

The engine bay and underside got pressure washed Saturday. Had a couple of hours last night to get the pass side inner fender welded in and it looks fantastic. Started working on the driver's side rust removal before calling it a night. It's coming along nicely.

The engine bay and underside got pressure washed Saturday. Had a couple of hours last night to get the pass side inner fender welded in and it looks fantastic. Started working on the driver's side rust removal before calling it a night. It's coming along nicely.

Don't put the front bumper back on until you go for a ride this weekend... LOL

@hoopty5.0

Who's job was it to prime and block/finish sand the bumper to get it ready for paint? That bumper was poorly sanded, poorly prepped and even worse poorly painted. I hope you didn't fork over a dang penny to this guy!!

No tag... Yeah, I wouldn't go near that with a 10' pole. Vortech won't service any unit with a serial tag removed so buyer beware. Instead of servicing a unit for a few hundred dollars if an issue ever arose, you would be beat, paperweight style...
If you're not totally set on buying used shoot me a pm for a quote on a Si tuner kit.

Or, he could go d.i.y. turbo and save all that money for jackstands.. *shrug*

Reactions: 2 users
@84Ttop @FoxMustangLvr

Watch... I'm gonna mess him aaaaallll up this weekend. Im going to take him for a ride in my car.. He'll decide to go turbo, and I'll get it for a song in a year when he's had it.. lol.

J/k, Collin, j/k...

Reactions: 3 users