Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

It would appear as if USPS has lost my coupling that attaches the MAF to my CAI. Tracking says delivery on the 21st, but also says that it hasn't left the facility in California. USPS FTW!

It would appear as if USPS has lost my coupling that attaches the MAF to my CAI. Tracking says delivery on the 21st, but also says that it hasn't left the facility in California. USPS FTW!
It's the Pope...
I know I've had quite a few deliveries scheduled for this week that have been delayed for the Papal visit. I know you're miles and miles away but just thinking here? Lol

Would have much rather gone for powder coating, but it's not in the cards right now. Will be swapping intakes soon-ish anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. I do love this paint.

IMG_4430.JPG
IMG_4431.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Would have much rather gone for powder coating, but it's not in the cards right now. Will be swapping intakes soon-ish anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. I do love this paint.

IMG_4430.JPG
IMG_4431.JPG
What is it ? Looks tough I like it a lot

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4434.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG

Well, here's the to-do list. Nothing big, just time consuming. Got some more painting and fitting done. There's about 3/8" clearance between the CAI and the strut tower and should get another 1/8" when everything is clamped into place.

And yes, first chance I get, those spark plug wires are TRASH.

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4434.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG

Well, here's the to-do list. Nothing big, just time consuming. Got some more painting and fitting done. There's about 3/8" clearance between the CAI and the strut tower and should get another 1/8" when everything is clamped into place.

I like it!

Reactions: 1 user
I had a to do list when I was putting my car together. At one point I was adding two new things "to do" for every one I completed. It got depressing there for a bit. But hey, now the car is done... well, not really, there is always something else "to do"! (because racecar)

Reactions: 1 users
I had a to do list when I was putting my car together. At one point I was adding two new things "to do" for every one I completed. It got depressing there for a bit. But hey, now the car is done... well, not really, there is always something else "to do"! (because racecar)
I had 3 or 4 going at one point as well . Lol

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4434.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG

Uh it looks beautiful !

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443639526.923864.jpg
what you asked me for

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The seller may have just handed it to his regular postal carrier who didn't bother to scan the barcode label... It has happed to me several times before.