Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg

Almost there.

Reactions: 2 users

View: https://youtu.be/4hhvMwKtsso

I was able to visit @Boosted92LX down south this weekend who has a wrecked 4 cyl. I got all the A/C related vacuum lines and installed them, as well as the correct brackets/mounts for the A/C condenser. I will clean them up and install them instead of using bailing wire to hold it in place
icon_biggrin.gif

I got the GT40 intake installed, but could not bolt the throttle body on because the IAC was hitting the vacuum port, so I just stuck the EGR spacer on so I could at least get it started. I am picking up an egr delete today that will get rid of the EGR once and for all and HOPEFULLY give me enough clearance that everything will play nice together. If so, I'll finish up the CAI and that'll complete the engine work. All that's left is installing the body panels.

Hoping to make it to the salvage yard next weekend for an explorer TB and an SN mustang MAF to open up the intake tract enough to say the heads are now the restriction.

@jrichker I was reading your post about using the SN mustang MAF sensor. Do I just need the housing, or do I need the actual sensor as well?

For the sn maf you ditch the air filter housing that it's in. One side will be a slip fit and the other has a flange that needs to be bolted.you can either cut the flange off or you can get an adapter from eBay for around 10 dollars.

For the sn maf you ditch the air filter housing that it's in. One side will be a slip fit and the other has a flange that needs to be bolted.you can either cut the flange off or you can get an adapter from eBay for around 10 dollars.
cool, sounds easy enough. Do I need to take the element that the harness plugs in to, or can I use mine?

Heres one of my old pro m, but it's basically the same. The flange bolted the front of the meter to the air box. I just got the adapter rather than spend 5 minutes sawing through the Maf housing.

The events of yesterday evening:

I was able to pick up the EGR delete yesterday and slap it on with the TB. Everything fit like a glove. Started it up and died. Started it again and died.

Ok, what did I do? Got to looking and found 2 vacuum ports unplugged. Derp. Started it again and ran like doo-doo. Looked around for 5 minutes to figure out why it was running so rough, finally remembered it needed an air filter. I crudely stuck the factory air box on and it smoothed out and purred like a kitten. Still need to set timing, but all is well, it seems.

My fan controller is acting funny. I haven't ever liked how it operates, and im beginning to want to replace it. The fans wouldn't kick on, the car got hot and finally I turned on the A/C to manually engage the fans and it all cooled down, but only one of the fans came on. It's an item for another day.

Then I found a water leak. I decided to let it all cool off before burning myself and getting pissed, so I came back later and found the culprit to be a loose hose clamp. So it's all good now. Here's a video for no reason other than me being happy that it's running and getting a good laugh at the air box hanging on for dear life.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVXMzCjrfO0

Reactions: 1 users
The events of yesterday evening:

I was able to pick up the EGR delete yesterday and slap it on with the TB. Everything fit like a glove. Started it up and died. Started it again and died.

Ok, what did I do? Got to looking and found 2 vacuum ports unplugged. Derp. Started it again and ran like doo-doo. Looked around for 5 minutes to figure out why it was running so rough, finally remembered it needed an air filter. I crudely stuck the factory air box on and it smoothed out and purred like a kitten. Still need to set timing, but all is well, it seems.

My fan controller is acting funny. I haven't ever liked how it operates, and im beginning to want to replace it. The fans wouldn't kick on, the car got hot and finally I turned on the A/C to manually engage the fans and it all cooled down, but only one of the fans came on. It's an item for another day.

Then I found a water leak. I decided to let it all cool off before burning myself and getting ****ed, so I came back later and found the culprit to be a loose hose clamp. So it's all good now. Here's a video for no reason other than me being happy that it's running and getting a good laugh at the air box hanging on for dear life.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVXMzCjrfO0

Needs a cam:D:hide:

Reactions: 1 users