Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

LOLz. My tubular GT-40 intake is for sale PM me anyone is interested. Port matched '93 cobra lower. Might be worth splitting them up and selling separately, no?

Here's my new main squeeze.

IMG_5096.JPG
IMG_5097.JPG
IMG_5098.JPG
IMG_5099.JPG
BTW,...that piston says Turbocharger all over it, elsewise it'd be flat.

The prophecy begins to take shape.....

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Uhh,..When you combine the words for, sale, and a series of numbers with this little dealy $ in front, you have effectively violated a rule here. Since you may not be aware of this rule, I've decided to fix it for you.

BTW,...that piston says Turbocharger all over it, elsewise it'd be flat.

The prophecy begins to take shape.....

Why thank you, kind sir. And those pistons say, "you don't have to buy pistons, you lucky bass terd." I know nothing of this turbo you speak of. Don't be bringin that voodoo in here! I'm doing my best to keep this thing off the jack stands!

Why thank you, kind sir. And those pistons say, "you don't have to buy pistons, you lucky bass terd." I know nothing of this turbo you speak of. Don't be bringin that voodoo in here! I'm doing my best to keep this thing off the jack stands!

You sir are the very definition of transparent.

Dare I ask what was wrong with the 8 pistons that are sitting in the holes now if those heavy assed slugs aren't destined to go in their places?

Can you imagine the carnage if one of them was to let loose at 7000 RPM?

I mean it's one thing when a lightweight piston fails, but when one of those dude come off,..there's just no telling.....two states over after coming through the block and hood?
dherbert1.jpg

Dare I ask what was wrong with the 8 pistons that are sitting in the holes now if those heavy assed slugs aren't destined to go in their places?

I mean it's one thing when a lightweight piston fails, but when one of those dude come off,..there's just no telling.....two states over after coming through the block and hood?
dherbert1.jpg

Why would I not use the pistons being provided to me in the deal? And 7,000 rpm??? LOLz - P heads, Mikey. P heads. I'll be setting my limiter at the stock setting of 6250 and will be tickled sh*tless if I get anywhere near it.

dherbert1.jpg

:lol: At that pic!

I went from a 1.84 to a 1.90 intake valve. I didn't really hog anything out so to speak, so I'm not sure what went wrong. But judging by the spreadsheet, since the low lift numbers took a hit back when I first started porting, it was one of the minor items that did it. I didn't really start grinding until after they were flowed initially.

In other news, the engine is coming out today. Got most of the stuff removed last night.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
its the disappointments in life that serve as justification for spending money.

i.e. The little red dude on Collins shoulder says:

"Stupid bunch a junk cast iron, waste of my freakin time, heavy assed GT 40 trash"

To which Collin answers....Yep! I'm definitely gettin' me a set of em Lebum arruhhs now!

Yes air flow does strange things and sometimes it hard to find airflow improvements. I have seen improvements where you grind the valve with a .050-.075 wide transition at about 47-50* just off the 45* angle of the valve help to improve low lift numbers. This helps the air flow from the tulip of the valve to the 45* transition. You could try that, but it can sometimes hurt your high lift numbers. Best to do that test with a junk or used valve then if it does not work you can chuck it. Do that only on the intake, leave the exhaust alone.

How smooth of a transition is the short turn radius on the floor of the port? Basically from the port transition to the bowl area.

Scott

Fair enough Colin! That's why I went out and bought CNC'ed AFR's! I know the time and money it takes to tweak a set, especially iron ones.

Probably the best take away, is think of all that you have learned!

At this point you are still planning on using those heads on your 351W correct?
Scott