The Lets Find The Vibration Thread !

• Sponsors (?)

I have too seen engines run fine too but had other problems. But you said you changed the engine mounts to stock convertible mounts and it had more vibration than the poly mounts. Okay so you when install the poly mounts motor/trans that vibration should stop.

Still doesn't narrow down what's causing the shake.

I'm starting to think it could be the clutch in my case. Not a true "King Cobra" unit, merely CJ Pony Parts rendition of it. I wouldn't doubt for a second the unit was built overseas. Especially considering the $125 price I paid for it.

Still doesn't narrow down what's causing the shake.

I'm starting to think it could be the clutch in my case. Not a true "King Cobra" unit, merely CJ Pony Parts rendition of it. I wouldn't doubt for a second the unit was built overseas. Especially considering the $125 price I paid for it.
I'm thinking that too but it was never an issue before only 5000 on mine maybe it's a Centerforce dual friction to the tune of 430 bucks :0

I'm thinking that too but it was never an issue before only 5000 on mine maybe it's a Centerforce dual friction to the tune of 430 bucks :0
I would highly doubt bent rod, I would check balancer since you already replaced flywheel correct? Otherwise lean towards engine balance when you had it rebuilt did you get a balance sheet for the rotating?

FWIW....I have a similar vibration and got the "Pro Race" balancer supplied by Coast High Performance with my build. I assumed it was the issue (build built overseas and all), so I replaced it with a Romac. No difference.

One other theory I have is play, or wear on the T5 input shaft? I would imagine years of hard usage could cause that.

I would highly doubt bent rod, I would check balancer since you already replaced flywheel correct? Otherwise lean towards engine balance when you had it rebuilt did you get a balance sheet for the rotating?
Nope was never given one or asked for the flywheel and clutch to do it which tells me this guy didn't find it necessary to do it .

FWIW....I have a similar vibration and got the "Pro Race" balancer supplied by Coast High Performance with my build. I assumed it was the issue (build built overseas and all), so I replaced it with a Romac. No difference.

One other theory I have is play, or wear on the T5 input shaft? I would imagine years of hard usage could cause that.
Theory no 2 was the first one I put to rest . my t5 was 3 steps from the dust and had a lot of play in the input shaft and was replaced 2 weeks after the car was dynoed no difference