Paint and Body The Monster Gets A New Hood, And You Get To Help Choose....

Which version of scoop should the monster wear?

• Total voters
If you decide later on that you want a hood emblem-here's two suggestions for your consideration:)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

lol
I appreciate that Chris. But you can rest assured that there will be no hood ornament on the Monster.

Let it go Chris ........let it go.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So I didnt realize you made a new thread before contributing to the official thread, but like I said there, transfer the 2016 hood and keep the G vents! Good looking, and functional design.

Edit: Then again, that Mustang pic I posted sure resembles the '67 design you posted. Still though, I would go with which ever is going to be easier.

Well, caving in and buying that Mustang would be the easier of the two, .............. err,.... Wait.

You were only suggesting I copy the hood design for the Monster, not buy the whole car weren't you? :shrug:

Oh good. For a minute there, I thought you were suggesting I'd lost my mind.:flag:

Just being an ass hole again Nick,...(Just in case you read all the stuff I write.)

In reality, the Mustang scoop you pictured is equivalent to the 3rd Gila Gill. (the currently installed version)
For posterity, and as visual aid to make my point:

V1 G gill:
temporary_zps7b6b20c2.jpg

v2
temporary_zpsd3598a14.jpg

final:

temporary_zpsc92243df.jpg

( Oh my God, look at the dash,......there used to be an "actual" 89 dash in this car)

v3. Flush, un-obstrusive. Probably not as functional as the previous two versions w/ regard to ducting air into the radiators,...but that's what seemed to work.

So w/ reagard to the hood, You got the 65 scoops (that only Stykthyn liked) = v1.

The 67 style I've made (more integrated less obnoxious) = v2

The 2016 G Nostril = v3

Or is a flush scoop w/ a recessed opening a v4?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Last edited:
This car stopped being a " plain ol fairmont" the first day a cut off wheel got laid on the body.
Matter of fact....
With the exception of the doors and roof, nothing else has escaped a cutoff wheel.

And while I certainly appreciate noobz' search for the ultimate reptilian hood/ fender ornament,........one of these days the car stops being a pain in the ass, slow moving, ugly, belly dragging lizard and becomes Dorothy and toto's one way trip to OZ.

And my one way trip to the cover of HotRod magazine.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This car stopped being a " plain ol fairmont" the first day a cut off wheel got laid on the body.
Matter of fact....
With the exception of the doors and roof, nothing else has escaped a cutoff wheel.

And while I certainly appreciate noobz' search for the ultimate reptilian hood/ fender ornament,........one of these days the car stops being a pain in the ass, slow moving, ugly, belly dragging lizard and becomes Dorothy and toto's one way trip to OZ.

That happens will you autograph a copy for us/me? Lol

Matter of fact....

Hey Mikey, I really am looking forward to seeing the monster (and you, of course;) ).

I'll do my best to give you a paint job you can be excited about. I have friends that have shot this product with great success, and I know I paint better than them. No big head there, no matter how good I am at painting, I'm still just a painter, BDD. Just objectively, I can produce a better quality of work then these other painters, and they say they can really lay that paint out.

I've always been able to make a single stage paint job lay out very smooth.

I can't wait to see your car with a super slick paint job. It'll help to really show off all of that hard work you have put in it, even with all that towel throwing stuff. Glad you're letting me be part of it.

Hot Rod huh? Wouldn't that be just about fckin awesome? Hope it makes it Mike.

Hey Mikey, I really am looking forward to seeing the monster (and you, of course;) ).

I'll do my best to give you a paint job you can be excited about. I have friends that have shot this product with great success, and I know I paint better than them. No big head there, no matter how good I am at painting, I'm still just a painter, BDD. Just objectively, I can produce a better quality of work then these other painters, and they say they can really lay that paint out.

I've always been able to make a single stage paint job lay out very smooth.

I can't wait to see your car with a super slick paint job. It'll help to really show off all of that hard work you have put in it, even with all that towel throwing stuff. Glad you're letting me be part of it.

Hot Rod huh? Wouldn't that be just about fckin awesome? Hope it makes it Mike.

It'll make it. It's all about how well it all comes together, Dave. I'm confident the paint won't be a problem,...It'll all come down to the combo and being in the right place, at the right time.

And I'm not "letting" you be part of the Monster,.....The Monster appreciates all those that would contribute to his date with destiny.

Well, caving in and buying that Mustang would be the easier of the two, .............. err,.... Wait.

You were only suggesting I copy the hood design for the Monster, not buy the whole car weren't you? :shrug:

Oh good. For a minute there, I thought you were suggesting I'd lost my mind.:flag:

Just being an ass hole again Nick,...(Just in case you read all the stuff I write.)

So w/ reagard to the hood, You got the 65 scoops (that only Stykthyn liked) = v1.

The 67 style I've made (more integrated less obnoxious) = v2

The 2016 G Nostril = v3

Or is a flush scoop w/ a recessed opening a v4?

So here's the deal, v4 sounds like a damn good idea, except for that whole time limit thing... And Mikey, of course I read all your ramblings. How do you think Ive gotten to know you so damn well to know not only how to push your buttons, but to fill your head with new ideas that you probably shouldnt execute? Such as hood version v4. Do it.