Jokes The New Camaro: Lets Hear Your Thoughts

Will your Mustang wax the new Camaro ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Lol, I had to vote no since I'm on my 3rd major engine overhaul and I haven't seen her since I dropped her off at the dealership. 29 days ago.
:poo:
My wife actually wants the new Camaro.

I found this page awhile back, but I call BS on those V8 specs. I don't see how they can lighten the Camaro that much, with that large of an engine, nor increase the HP that much either. The current one weighs 3908 with a 6.2L doing 426hp/420tq.

Camaro: 455 hp, 455 lb-ft, 3,685 lbs (manual); 8.1 lbs/hp
Mustang: 435 hp, 400 lb-ft, 3,705 (manual); 8.5 lbs/hp

2016 Camaro squares off vs. Mustang -- On paper

Reactions: 1 user
From the reviews and comparisons I've read the Camaro is better around a track. I experienced a good bit of understeer at the autocross. I really want to find a remedy for that. Maybe stiffer sway bar up front? I'll be boosted soon so look out Camaro's and Corvettes. I recently ran a C7 from 70-140 (on a closed course of course) by 140 he had two car lengths on me, which is about what I would expect.

From the reviews and comparisons I've read the Camaro is better around a track. I experienced a good bit of understeer at the autocross. I really want to find a remedy for that. Maybe stiffer sway bar up front? I'll be boosted soon so look out Camaro's and Corvettes. I recently ran a C7 from 70-140 (MEXICO) by 140 he had two car lengths on me, which is about what I would expect.
Fixed that for ya ;)

I have the opportunity next month to pair off against a 2014 ZL1 on a closed road course (Millville Motorsports Park). Granted its not the 2016 Camaro but I thoroughly intend to hand the Camaro's ass to him all the way around... Sure his car is mostly "stock" ish race car and mine has a host of upgrades but lets be real here... He has a purpose built road car and I have a GT that anyone could buy and modify. The track outing will all be for fun but the smack talk last few weeks has been out of hand!

Reactions: 1 user
15GTrob, put a bigger swaybar on the rear than you have on the front and you'll get some oversteer. My 2000 V6 Mustang had a 1-1/8"GT bar on the front and a 1-1/4" turbo Tbird bar on the rear and it would oversteer nicely with just a little throttle.

The two things that cause me concern about the Camaro are the 50 extra foot pounds of torque and the 8 speed automatic.

The new transmissions with more than 6 gears are getting really fast. Chrysler and GM's autos are putting a hurt on anything Fords producing right now.

The extra torque is going to move that thing to a low ET.

Hopefully the numbers are wrong but I've been seeing the same ones everywhere. We might be in for some trouble here.

Well to be honest, I'm not surprised of that horsepower number, because they had to have such a larger engine to achieve it. I just don't think they are able to lighten as much as that article claims. 455hp from 6.2 liters is 73.3hp per liter. Lets call Ford's 420hp because of the less torque, and you still have 84hp per liter. Big difference!

Well to be honest, I'm not surprised of that horsepower number, because they had to have such a larger engine to achieve it. I just don't think they are able to lighten as much as that article claims. 455hp from 6.2 liters is 73.3hp per liter. Lets call Ford's 420hp because of the less torque, and you still have 84hp per liter. Big difference!
The 5.0L is actually 435hp this year....which puts it at 87hp/L

The 5.0L is actually 435hp this year....which puts it at 87hp/L

Yeah, i dropped it to 420 to be nice since the torque is only around 400, while the camaro numbers claim 455. It's better to average the HP and Torque numbers to get a true idea of the cars power. Much like the 2010 v8 versus the 2011 v6 mustangs. They are similar hp ratings, but the torque of the V8 gets the win usually.

In keeping with tradition....
camarojoke.jpg

but seriously, I'm not a hater.
After postiing, I discovered that the creator of this pic doesn't know how to spell "until". :doh:

Reactions: 4 users
Numbers are right, that's the engine in the Vette now with similar output. Torque is higher but gearing is also higher (same rear gearing but manual is geared higher). I think the Auto is geared a little lower but still not as low so the torque difference isn't as big of a deal as you might think other than the LT1 will produce more low end torque making it easier to get off the line. Weight we will see, seems like it is a little low. Overall a manual will be quicker most likely, but not by that much. The auto will add a little to the gap as well. But, realistically, there were faster cars out when the S550 released for more money, people buy cars for the whole package. At the point the current ones are at is pretty ridiculous for most of the people buying them. The difference is just bragging rights to most people driving them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk