The New Guy

1993cobra5.0

Jan 20, 2015
N C
Hello all .

Great site guys . My name is JD i have three mustangs that i have owned for about 9 years .
1985 GT convertible stock with bolt ons
1987 T-Top GT stock
1993 real cobra . My baby

I need some help from the mustang gods from .

• Sponsors (?)

This mustang ran great when I first bought it . About two years later I took it off the road . It hate for almost 4 years . Now with a new red top battery in it . She is running if she runs at all so bad .

Mods are cold air intake , MSD box ,MSD coil , 1/4 spacer on intake , 373 gears, bbk headers , X pipe , flow master cat back , steeda shifter, bigger fuel pump NOS (I never used it) .... all been on the car before i bought it .

I found that I have oil in my fuel pressure regulator ! Now that can't be go . The mustang been off the the road do to , well I was street roading the car and parked the car on its roof . Yeah on it's roof . Lucky I had a friends flatbed near by . I been rebuilding the body . Now that I'm ready to repaint my car ...." this no run BS .

New part list so far
Injector 24
iAC
TPS
fuel pressure regulator BBK ( just installed today)
New 93 fuel
Fuel PSI gauge ...so I will know if the pump is bad.
New gasket set ....lower manifold and up .

I have fuel in the fuel rail when I removed it . And I some times can get the car to run ( not for long ) and when it goes run I can play with the
Gas and bring up the RPMs . Now for the scary part . It only will run with the timing set at 22 + . Does this mean that I'm a tooth off
I had a friend work on it when i was at work .... Now i cant get it to start