Hey man, all you have to do is get a piece of sheet metal and sandwich it between your oil inlet and the turbo with a hole drilled thru for the restrictor. If you don't have the flanged fitting, get some 1/4 thick aluminum to make the flange and drill/tap it to whatever pipe thread you need to screw an npt/an fitting into, then put your orifice restrictor under the flange. Make extra gaskets from parts store gasket matl. Easy peasy.

I have some scrap aluminum that will work for that. Thanks man ! Saved me a couple bucks.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I found this little bit of COP info...
EDIS2COP-01.jpg

Yeah but that's not true coil on plug,....It's just EDIS wasted spark spread out all over the valve covers. If it was COP, each coil pack fires it's own independent signal i think.

You are correct... I don't think coil on plug would fit my application, but its interesting none the less.

Its a lot easier to find a way to mount 8 individual coils vs. 2 big blocks that call themselves coils.

My coils will have to go somewhere low...either frame rails or beside the pan...that makes me a little nervous if I get caught in the rain ( like mustang week 2012 on rt.17 ). Kinda like the ECUs on newer mustang being below the kmember. WTF.

Edis is wasted spark I believe.......:shrug:

It's wasted spark...COP would be to mount them in a different area. The box coils are bulky and look like they belong on a Ranger.

The coils can be wired in wasted spark configuration. They would still fire each time the piston pasts TDC.

Hang on.

COP = coil on plug. Example: latemodel fords

CNP = coil near plug. Example: LS motors

DIS = DIstributorless Ignition System (generic term) late model LS motors and ford motors use this

Wasted spark = 1 ignition signal fires 2 plugs. Example: fords EDIS system

Direct coil control = 1 ignition output fires one coil. Nobody here has this... yet. The big boy systems use this.

Y'all seem to be misusing terms here.

Hang on.

COP = coil on plug. Example: latemodel fords

CNP = coil near plug. Example: LS motors

DIS = DIstributorless Ignition System (generic term) late model LS motors and ford motors use this

Wasted spark = 1 ignition signal fires 2 plugs. Example: fords EDIS system

Direct coil control = 1 ignition output fires one coil. Nobody here has this... yet. The big boy systems use this.

Y'all seem to be misusing terms here.

Maybe I did.... OK OK....so I did.

So...COPs can be CNPs if you put a spark plug wire between it and the plugs. What if they're in the trunk ? Are they still CNPs ?

Wasted spark fires two cylinders at the same time...but one is just teetering TDC on the weee hair into the power stroke...the other cylinder is just crossing over from the exhaust stroke into the intake stroke. Therefore, wasting a spark on that cylinder.

Electronic Distributorless Ignition System = DIS ie; tomato- tomatah. Lol

The same wiring for COP is the same wiring for CNP. They are both coils...and many are the same type internally.

Direct Coil Control is big moolah...I'll leave that to the street outlaws.

EDIS8 is an easy mod for more precise timing control.

Its been raining or snowing the past few weekends. We also had a funeral to attend Thursday. I must say....it was one of the most beautiful days I've ever seen, 71 degrees with a slight breeze.

As the older people in the family pass on it makes me realize how important it is to spend time with family. Time is the most valuable thing in the world.

Right now I'm still trying to get my AFR to match the AFR in TS. Mine is way off...TS commanded AFR is 14.7....my WB is reading 16. Just haven't had a lot if time to mess with it. I think I know what I've got to do....but days are short and cold.

No big updates today...

I did take care of a couple things.

1. I replaced my broken dipstick- The replacement is a little shorter and is full at the add line ( I can live with that )

2. The air filter got replaced with a shorter filter. I searched and searched for a suitable K&N but came up short. I ended up buying a Spectra short filter. These
things don't play well with turbos. Apparently, the issue is with the metal cup in the center being epoxied on from the inside. When the heat from the turbo
softens the glue separates from the cap causing metal to fly into the impellers. The way I plan to fix this is by drilling a hole in the cap, fabricating a bridge,
running a long bolt through it, and lock nutting it onto the filter. The bolt should hold the cup in the filter .....unless the nuts come loose...then my turbo will eat a
bolt....or... I could always tack weld the nuts on the bolt.

If you've been keeping up with this thread then you know I want a Precision turbo. This chinee turbo will shortly meet its demise anyway. I don't have the funds for that right now. However, I am looking into BOVs and WGs that share my same v band mounting flanges.

I don't have any pics at this point....but they are soon to come.

I've been trying to figure out my best places to spend money right now. This is a list of things I need to spend money on...

Door weather stripping
Window belt moldings
Gotta do something with the rear package tray in the window
Headlight set ( Ultra Clear )
Sub frame connectors ( full length w/seat braces )
New carpet ( out of the question until temps are higher )
On3 down pipe sleeve ( prefer not to wrap it )
Turbo blanket
Spark plug boot heat shields ( 8 inch )
36-1 trigger wheel
Crank sensor and bracket ( simple fabrication for bracket )
Overflow tank ( I'm going to modify a paintball 20- 24oz CO2 tank ....or use one for a late 90s caravan )
2.5 inch exhaust band clamps (4)
Some form of exhaust hanger before the mufflers
Amp wiring kit for the Kicker squeezed in the trunk
Windshield wipers
Blinker fluid
Muffler bearing
Flux capacitor
Ticket fund, lol

Cowboys lost to GB.....I'm done...good game though...after the first quarter. SMH

Reactions: 2 users
Well, I've had a hit of reality this weekend.

I planned to buy an 87 t top car to build. Then I realized that my current car is still unfinished.

My mind has been going I'm circles about which thing to do next and how to do what. Sure, I could've bought another car but it would've been at the sacrifice of time and money for the current car.

My past is filled with multiple mustangs- usually, more than one at a time.

I also was supposed to buy a used tremec 3550...that didn't happen either.

Staying focused on a profect is very hard. The car needs to run and drive right before I upgrade the trans...hell...Dusty doesn't even have subframe connectors yet.

Seems like its time to regroup and go back to the drawing board...one thing at a time.

Part of my decision was based on finding an old picture.
0122170905a.jpg

That car wasn't perfect but it did everything I could ever want a car to do.

The filter issue with Dusty has been mocked up a different way. It will probably stay this way until I notice issues. The filter still will get a bridge to hold the metal button but that'll come at a later date.
IMG_20170122_152811976.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Figured I'd show this little modification. Maybe it'll save my turbo....or maybe Dusty will be eating a bolt.

I drilled through the notorious metal cap and ran a bolt through it to a bridge over the front of the filter. The nut is red loctited to the bolt ( I may tack weld it on later ).
IMG_20170124_204642457_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170124_204835654.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170124_204618240.jpg
    IMG_20170124_204618240.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 104
Wanted to just relax...but ended up doing this...
IMG_20170128_143907832_HDR.jpg

And helping do this....
IMG_20170128_143846346.jpg

Oil pan and fog lights on a Chevy product... and running more wires on Dusty.

Never too busy to help a buddy out.

Reactions: 3 users
I ran 4 unconnected wires through the grommet behind the fender....so, hopefully, I won't have to take that fender off for a while.

I'm not a bug fan of fire extinguishers in vehicles. In the past I had an incident where one came in handy. Without one my car would've burned to the ground. With that being said....I'm a big fan of safety.
IMG_20170129_141552463.jpg

No holes made in the panel....just some 3m tape so the panel isn't damaged. I don't plan on removing it....but its nice to know I can.

My car is running like @#$...but it starts and moves. Haven't had a lot of time to work on the tune. When it warms up, and the days get longer, I'll be back to my old self.