Mehhh,...I'm just being a dick anyway. Here,...I'll admit a little bit in confidence to you...

I misspell, or misuse an average of a half dozen words every single time I write something here. Whether or not it's because I got all dyslexic, (there's one) and put a letter in the wrong order, added an extra letter, or used one of those pesky "There's" wrong,..
(their, there,they're) know that I'm doing it all the time.

But,...

I use spell check. I don't know whether or not it's part of my browser, (Chrome) or it just comes magically with this website, but every thing I screw up has a little red wiggly under the word, so it's not like I got an A in spellcheck school. (Unless it's a correctly spelled word, used in the wrong context,...like "their") If I use the word wrong, or if I completely omit one, it sneaks by me. And there I'll be,...all not makin' any sense and sht,..hoping that the reader will just figure that out on their own. By disregarding the entire group, and not giving one red rat's ass that they're not gonna understand what I'm trying to say adds to my prick status,...and I've been trying to be more careful about that lately.:rolleyes:
(Did ya catch that?)

But when it comes to words that may not be in the dictionary like haylon/halon,.....Some times,..You just gotta know. And the only reason I knew, was that the last race car had an on-board system. When you have to spend 500.00 on a fire extinguisher,....you know how to spell halon.

Lastly,..I re-read what I wrote after it posts. Yeahhh,....I proof read the sht I write on a car guy forum.:nonono:...But that's my problem.
It's all in fun anyway , mike, I proof read and my kandel (thats what the grandkids call it) has 'sortof' spell check, I'm bad at punctuation.
I do have a 'boob' rep to uphold.
BTW, do you yell at the neighborhood kids to get off your lawn too? Even when they are not even on it? I do.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Watching killer chihuahuas....
IMG_20170130_190055324.jpg

I find enjoyment buying stuffed animals so they can rip them to shreds and spread fluffy Lamb Chop guts all over the living room floor.

Yes I'm a big guy.....with two Chihuahuas....and I'm straight. No ankles are safe at my house. Lol

Reactions: 2 users
Found our a little important thing last night...

The V band after the turbo is leaking. That is causing my WB to read leaner than its supposed to.

That caused me to add more fuel than I was supposed to... = car runs like poo

The band itself is tight. I've seen v band gaskets online but wanted to know if anyone had any other ideas ?

There is black soot around the pipe and it drips a little condensation. Maybe high temp copper silicone ?

Now I know why my fuel table was so far off from what my car wanted.

Today I was reminded of how much an idiot I am....again.

I've been trying to wire up the led for my SLP line lock. I had this thing in my other car so I know everything functions, including the little red led.

I fought for days trying to get the led to light when the switch was on. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out.

That is....until I realized I don't like running live wires into a car. That means the wire running to the switch is the ground for the solenoid.

My line lock has a fused power feed to the solenoid. The ground side runs to a toggle switch to arm the circuit. Then the opposite side of the switch has a LED tapped in with its own 12v source. The switch wire continues to run to a momentary button at the shifter. Finally, the wire goes to ground.

The LED lights up dim when the switch is armed. When the momentary switch is pressed the LED lights bright and the solenoid engages locking the front brakes.

The only way the button at the shifter works is if the toggle is on. If the toggle is " on " the LED is lit dim...letting you know.

What does this mean ?

It means I figured it out.... It also means there are burnouts in my future. :burnout:

The line lock functions properly...so I decided to give Dusty a gift today.
IMG_20170205_173154191_HDR.jpg

The package tray is garbage...and so were the old speakers.
IMG_20170205_152534111.jpg

A little fun in the back seat and the issue is halfway taken car of.
IMG_20170205_152522391.jpg
IMG_20170205_174444036.jpg

Now I've got to figure out what to do with the package tray. Looks like a 1/4 inch piece of particle board, some mass back sound deadener, and a little carpet will fix it up nicely.

I might just wait to see what davedacarpainter does with his first.

Its nice to have some tunes while I'm out here working....the wiring for that Kicker box is coming later.

A friend of mine is always trying to call me out...along with all the other import guys around here.

He sent me a pic that looked pretty interesting...from a place close to home.
output.jpg

The cobra bumper on that car looks "store bought ". Could I be going through all this custom fab work for nothing ?

Ofcoarse not.... My bumper sits lower and has the full molding line. I like it, none the less. Don't like the headlights.

Reactions: 1 user
Figured I'd share Dusty's oil change sticker from before I owned him. That little 2.3 was still running great when I pulled it.
IMG_20170218_112923146.jpg

Here's some more pics today of the other car. This thing has survived from 82 with no rust in the floors.

The sunroof and roof are a different story. I knew I should've bought one of the t tops I came across.

The car is complete...all the original parts are in the car, except the intake and carb.
IMG_20170218_121720267_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170218_122033557.jpg

The drivers side fender is pushed in...but I've got one of those :nice:

I also found what I need for an overflow bottle. The windshield washer and overflow tank from this 82 would fit perfect after a battery relocation.
So....You are parking this one next to Dusty. Right?

I've 2 chihuahuas...I've got to be out of my mind.

Back to Dusty. I've owned my Monster Tach for a very long time...since about 96. This is my date code.
IMG_20170219_102829608_HDR.jpg

To anyone that owns one...and it starts getting iinnacurate, tighten these three nuts up. Every couple of years I have to take this thing apart and clean the stepper motor mounting pads and retighten the nuts.
IMG_20170219_102838028_HDR.jpg

Starting the rear package tray project. I found some huge cardboard to make a template.
IMG_20170228_182914601.jpg

The speaker holes were traced through. I need to figure out how I'm going to make this part. Drilling through mass back doesn't work. The only way to duplicate these holes would be to punch them out. I may cut the perimeter out and use a stiff mesh under the carpet to support it.
IMG_20170228_183709807.jpg

The mass back came from my trip to Ohio. Never thought about using this but its the same material used by the factory just thinner. You would never guess where I got it.
IMG_20170228_185434385.jpg
IMG_20170228_185450205.jpg

Cut some mass back from my template. Once I glue the layers together I'll cut the holes out. The center raised section still needs a template made. All in all I'm very pleased with how its going.
IMG_20170301_231219226.jpg

Four layers have been cut out. This stuff is really easy to work with. 10 bucks a blanket...but I'll have enough to do under my trunk carpet too. :banana:
IMG_20170301_234305801.jpg

I made a template of the raised hump in the package tray. I'm surprised it worked...but I used cling wrap held over the shape and traced with a permanent marker. The top edge of the shape was a transfered to that crap.
IMG_20170302_182458686_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170302_182912327.jpg

Next, I taped some sheets of paper together and transfered the shape.
IMG_20170302_190728071.jpg

Here it is laid out on my U Haul moving blanket stuff.
IMG_20170302_193446946.jpg

The template isn't symmetrical but neither is the shape formed in the package tray. This just might work :rolleyes: