Progress Thread Tanner's "there's Probably A Name For This Illness" Builds Thread

Well then, like I said above the Motor and trans are in. Clearance issues are abundant, but kind of expected.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This doesn't leave much room for an intake.
Got a couple ideas, hopefully one of them pans out. The Fbody radiator and fans don't clear the ABS block, and I'm not interested in moving that.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Test fit this out of curiosity.

image.jpg

This hits the console on the 2,4,6 shifts. Going to have to make a shifter most likely.

image.jpg

This is what "on the road by the end of the week" looks like :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

That intake is sic!
I don't hate it as much as I thought. It's not mine, just borrowed it to test fit. Normally I'd be a little worried about it. Partially because of the operating range being so high and partially because that style intake has some air distribution issues on the far runners but the Holley allows individual cylinder fueling so it wouldn't be as big a deal.
This combo is so far from max effort anyways and it's geared too high on top of that. I'm hoping it suprised me.
We'll see how my expansion tank relocation goes, hopefully I'll be able to keep the 92 fast.

Reactions: 1 user
Is that expansion tank needed now that the cobra motor isn't in there? Maybe have it chopped down a few inches and welded into a smaller box? I am super excited to see this thing running.

Is that expansion tank needed now that the cobra motor isn't in there? Maybe have it chopped down a few inches and welded into a smaller box? I am super excited to see this thing running.
Yeah it's needed, it's the only fill location for the radiator and is the middle man for a lot of the hose routing. I bought a canton tank and a filler section to kind of rearrange the cooling system. Hopefully it'll work as I really really want to keep the cobra radiator and fans
image.jpg

Going single turbo. Bought the hotside last night as well as the turbo.
Boost was absolutely my plan from the beginning, it was just getting myself to sack up and go ahead with it. Should be pretty cool. Definitely foreign territory for me though.

Going single turbo. Bought the hotside last night as well as the turbo.
Boost was absolutely my plan from the beginning, it was just getting myself to sack up and go ahead with it. Should be pretty cool. Definitely foreign territory for me though.

Take it from me. Buy jackstands. Lots of em.

image_29.jpg

image_26.jpg
really pleased with the quality of the manifolds

image_28.jpg
It's tight but the turbo actually clears everything fine. That's the condenser in the picture, which won't be there obviously.
Going to delete the ABS block to make some room, maybe be able to fit the big DP that way.

image_27.jpg
Will be running a pair of these Precision 46s

image_25.jpg
Not bad for a test fit

Got ripped off majorly on what was supposed to be a good running 06 5.3. Ended up being a blown up 02. Been pretty sore about it since last weekend.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Made an extra long journey today to pick up a super super clean 2008 high compression 5.3. It's got all the DoD/VVT stuff I'll have to delete but otherwise I'm really pleased with it.
image.jpg