Progress Thread Tanner's "there's Probably A Name For This Illness" Builds Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Like the new one, was the other one the one you'd been waiting on?
The one I had waited a while on was the Ls6. It's hanging out on an engine stand now. It's in really good shape, but I've never bought a used motor as clean as this one
Did you mail the guy you got the bad motor from a bag of dog sh1t yet?
He refused even the slightest refund. good to be reminded that assholes are still out there I guess

Reactions: 1 user
Dude I'd be throwing him under the bus anywhere I could find a place to. That is the lowest of the low.
He claimed it was a good running 2006. Turned out to be a pre-04 with a piston seized so hard it took a hammer to get it out.

One of my friends bought a car from him last year, seemed like a good guy so I was a little too trusting. Got burned. Drove 9 hours round trip yesterday for this new shortblock, trying to keep my project on the rails at this point haha

image.jpg

Rod bolts installed
image.jpg

Fbody pan on.

Sent my Holley system back today. Trading it out for the LS3 version. Need to pick out a cam as well

Reactions: 1 users
image.jpg

Actually found a v-band flange for my S475. Seemed to be on bsckorder til 2025 or something but its awesome compared to taking a grinder to a brand new turbo.

Ordered everything to finish the motor last night. Hi-ram, custom Tick turbo cam (hopefully doesn't sound like a houseboat), head studs and all the little stuff that nickels and dimes you to death with these things.
Hopefully get a chance to assemble next weekend

He claimed it was a good running 2006. Turned out to be a pre-04 with a piston seized so hard it took a hammer to get it out.

One of my friends bought a car from him last year, seemed like a good guy so I was a little too trusting. Got burned. Drove 9 hours round trip yesterday for this new shortblock, trying to keep my project on the rails at this point haha

Look up: s hitsenders.com

They anonymously send various sized packages of all kinds of foul sh!t to people for you.. The details are hilarious!

Reactions: 2 users