Progress Thread Tanner's "there's Probably A Name For This Illness" Builds Thread

• Sponsors (?)

It's not an update anyone wants but it won't shock anyone either.
Sold the cobra shortly after we moved into the new house. Got my money back and then some. Wasn't willing to keep dumping thousands in cash into it when I'd much rather spend the money on my house.

Flying to Texas next week to pick up the new car. But it's a GM product and largely made of plastic

Hey man, if you decide you want to do the Vette thread here (I'm sure there are some interested parties) we'll make you a spot in the OT section or maybe even the resource section (since I can move the discussion portion of the resource to any forum you like).

Up to you though. I'll help ya find a spot for it if you're interested in doing one here.

You KNOW it would turn into a trump contest in the SW, and not by Tanner

This is true. I want to see it, and the douchery in the ot section is too thick. Put it in this thread. I like vettes, even if most vette owners are db's. No offense, Tanner. It's probably why I've never owned one. That, and they're a real pain in the ass to work on. I've gone through about 3 of em.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey man, if you decide you want to do the Vette thread here (I'm sure there are some interested parties) we'll make you a spot in the OT section or maybe even the resource section (since I can move the discussion portion of the resource to any forum you like).

Up to you though. I'll help ya find a spot for it if you're interested in doing one here.
Thanks man, I'm not real sure if I'll bother with it. But I'll PM you if I wanna try and find a spot.

You KNOW it would turn into a trump contest in the SW, and not by Tanner
this was my first thoughts too

This is true. I want to see it, and the douchery in the ot section is too thick. Put it in this thread. I like vettes, even if most vette owners are db's. No offense, Tanner. It's probably why I've never owned one. That, and they're a real pain in the ass to work on. I've gone through about 3 of em.
No offense taken, I know the reputation lol. I might fit in well :D
PITA is also true

It's nothing exciting in the land of the Internet Gods but I absolutely love them and wanted to own one.
2012 base model, 10k miles, Inferno Orange Metallic 6spd. Has an intake and full exhaust and made 436rwhp.
No crazy builds, just want a healthy cam and to lower it. 100000% drive-anywhere-ability is the name of the game.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Flying to Houston Wednesday and driving it home if it's as described. 1,000 miles. Luckily @hoopty5.0 gave me a good pep talk on how awesome it is to fly and drive back :doh:

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks man, I'm not real sure if I'll bother with it. But I'll PM you if I wanna try and find a spot.

this was my first thoughts too

No offense taken, I know the reputation lol. I might fit in well :D
PITA is also true

It's nothing exciting in the land of the Internet Gods but I absolutely love them and wanted to own one.
2012 base model, 10k miles, Inferno Orange Metallic 6spd. Has an intake and full exhaust and made 436rwhp.
No crazy builds, just want a healthy cam and to lower it. 100000% drive-anywhere-ability is the name of the game.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Flying to Houston Wednesday and driving it home if it's as described. 1,000 miles. Luckily @hoopty5.0 gave me a good pep talk on how awesome it is to fly and drive back :doh:

Wow. Pretty car! They really are awesome machines.. even for a chevy. :D

I may get one one day... but i'd never hear the end of it from my buddies.. LOL.

I 45 North sucks anytime after 2:00 pm, FYI. Plan on sitting in traffic for hours if you go home that way.
Right now I'm planning on driving to Baton Rouge and then up to Jackson, Memphis, Nashville and then home. I was told to avoid Birmingham due to construction. And I just drove to Okc 2 weeks ago for Outlaw Armageddon and the drive through Missouri was awful so I'm skipping that way all together.

Right now I'm planning on driving to Baton Rouge and then up to Jackson, Memphis, Nashville and then home. I was told to avoid Birmingham due to construction. And I just drove to Okc 2 weeks ago for Outlaw Armageddon and the drive through Missouri was awful so I'm skipping that way all together.

Oh, no, man. Take 59 up toward Texarkana, then up 30 to 40 in Arkansas and Shoot over to Nashville. It's a much prettier drive. I took that way home from NC when I bought my fox. It's a much prettier drive than Houston to Baton Rouge, and I-10 is always under construction and beat to hell. You'll hate it.

Oh, no, man. Take 59 up toward Texarkana, then up 30 to 40 in Arkansas and Shoot over to Nashville. It's a much prettier drive. I took that way home from NC when I bought my fox. It's a much prettier drive than Houston to Baton Rouge, and I-10 is always under construction and beat to hell. You'll hate it.
Thanks for the heads up. Looking like a 15 hour drive right now but if the roads are nicer to drive on and scenery is better then that's definitely what I'll do. The car is all but new id hate to do any kind of damage to it on the way home

Thanks for the heads up. Looking like a 15 hour drive right now but if the roads are nicer to drive on and scenery is better then that's definitely what I'll do. The car is all but new id hate to do any kind of damage to it on the way home

Yeah, Beaumont to Lake Charles has always sucked as long as I can remember... and the cops in Louisiana love to jack up ppl coming out of Texas. I've never seen worse cops. It's pitiful. Ten years ago I worked a pipeline job and traveled that route weekly. The state troopers were so corrupt they'd plant drugs on people and impound their cars. It was a big deal at the time, until some went to federal prison, lol. I avoid Louisiana now when I can, not just because of the crappy highways.