Thinking about sellin the 6'er for this monster

exindust

May 8, 2004
Moorpark, CA
2001 FORD MUSTANG BULLITT - s/chrgd 397, 5 spd, V8, 27K, mi, mint cond in & out, Cobra brks, lowered, lthr, Mach stereo 6 CD, Blk, $17,900/obo

yes thats a supercharged bullitt running 6psi pushing out 397 HP...

sound good? i plan on offering either 16k or 17k

what should i be watching out for when buying a SC'd car?

how will i be able to tell if this is an authentic bullitt and not a GT with a bullitt fuel door and the bullitt rims? since im not the most knowledgeable about how the engine bay is supposed to look

• Sponsors (?)

The gauge cluster is different, it has red calipers, and it only came in true blue, highland green and black. So if its different from those, its probably either been wrecked, stripped and repainted, or its not authentic. They also received tokico shocks/struts, but those may very well have been replaced if this guy went as far as supercharging this thing in the first place. There is also a unique serial ID label attached so look for it.

A S/C'ed limited production car with only 27k miles? I think you'd be screwing them for anything under $19k. :shrug:

There's a lot of subtle difference to confirm the authenticity of a Bullitt.
Externally, the Bullitts have no sidescoops, just flat panels, and where the roofline meets the rear quarter panel the C-pillar behind the rear quarter windows sweeps a bit forward to flow with the body lines(instead of dropping straight down like all other 99+ cars save for the Mach I), and Eclipse-style fuel door. The exhaust tips even have a rolled lip.

01Bullitt_13.jpg
that should be there.

Make sure a mechanic looks it over don't get dazzled by the fact that it has amazing power and mods already. A modded car is mostly likely beat on alot more than usual. So take the time and have it looked at thuroughly. And if everything comes back ok, go for it :nice:

97v6Silver said:
it's funny people always like you don't want a modded car cus it might be beat well look at your own cars who's gonna what them after you!

My impression is that if it was modded, then it was probably owned by someone that actually likes cars, and doesn't consider them as appliances that get you from A to B. So consequently, they probably took good care of it. Sure they may have got on it every now and then, but that's better than buying some car from some idiot that only changed the oil every 10k miles cause he/she didn't give a crap.

97v6Silver said:
a new gt you can get for like 18k... sounds like good to me

IDK if that's fair. Dealers moving an '04 GT before the '05 comes out, and someone selling a 3yr-old limited production Mustang that in stock form would outrun and outhandle a new GT are two different things.

Dealers work in strange ways to make you feel like you're getting a deal, while a private owner is gonna insist on getting what they feel their baby is worth.
If someone says "I got my car for such and such price," ask them what their interest rate is. If I went to a dealer and told them I was paying cash, they would not hand me the keys to a brand new GT for only $18k.

If I had the option of a new GT or used Bullitt, I'd go with the Bullitt. The way I was raised, cars are a long term thing, and in 10 years, the Bullitt will be worth more than the GT.

well im going to test drive the bullitt tomorrow morning, i test drove a 99 cobra and i was quite impressed with the power above 3000rpms today. I hope nothin is wrong with it because im driving an hour to go test drive it... ill let you guys know how it goes...

anyone know any good buying techniques? im 19 years old ( i have a good job) im gunna play the "OMG I LOVE THIS CAR BUT YOUR ASKING 17k and i only have 15k" plz plz plz plz pzl i saved up for 3 years working at subway... (lie) maybe i can jay-double-o him down.

Sound good?

exindust said:
im gunna play the "OMG I LOVE THIS CAR BUT YOUR ASKING 17k and i only have 15k" plz plz plz plz pzl i saved up for 3 years working at subway... (lie) maybe i can jay-double-o him down.

stolerized from ghostalker, J-double-Oh lol
BTW i just got back from the Projekt Revolution concert in hartford CT. Holy !#@!# it was cool, lol. Linkin Park-KORN-Snoop Dog-The Used, twas very good! especially LP, and less KORN. not a fan of rap (the snoopy) but w/e, lol
we carpooled for the hell of it because i was afraid of all the drunk people... TONS upon tons of them, touching my car! people trying to open peoples cars as they pull away, so glad i left my baby home... :D
that would be a silly subtitle for myself, Jay-Double-O