This for all of you whining about STANGNET!!!

68rustang

Jan 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
This is for all of you whining about STANGNET!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• pic.gif
    pic.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 295
  • Sponsors (?)

That's the funny part. Sad actually. Carlsbad got closed down here a few months ago in S.D. CA. because the residents were complaing about the noise. Hey asholes, if you don't like the noise, you shouldn't have built you home around a RACETRACk. It was there long before you moved in. And the morons in Fl who build on " waterfronts". You build around a body of stagnant water, then bitch about the mosquitos. Why? How stupid are you ? If you don't like it LEAVE !!

10secgoal said:
That's the funny part. Sad actually. Carlsbad got closed down here a few months ago in S.D. CA. because the residents were complaing about the noise. Hey asholes, if you don't like the noise, you shouldn't have built you home around a RACETRACk. It was there long before you moved in. And the morons in Fl who build on " waterfronts". You build around a body of stagnant water, then bitch about the mosquitos. Why? How stupid are you ? If you don't like it LEAVE !!

We had a similar problem here.

Some new homes were built in previously undeveloped land that was under the airport's flight path.
The owners of these new houses took the Airport to court complaining of the noise.

:rolleyes:

Great68 said:
We had a similar problem here.

Some new homes were built in previously undeveloped land that was under the airport's flight path.
The owners of these new houses took the Airport to court complaining of the noise.

:rolleyes:

Same deal with Englishtown in NJ where they have all sorts of motorsports activity. For years the people who lived around the track were track fans who enjoyed the noise and commotion of the track. Now due to a housing boom in NJ, newer construction homes are around the track and they are complaining that the noise is too much. I think it is amazing that people complain the noise that the existing track creates. Its not as if E-town was just built last year.

monk302 said:
Same deal with Englishtown in NJ where they have all sorts of motorsports activity. For years the people who lived around the track were track fans who enjoyed the noise and commotion of the track. Now due to a housing boom in NJ, newer construction homes are around the track and they are complaining that the noise is too much. I think it is amazing that people complain the noise that the existing track creates. Its not as if E-town was just built last year.

not to get off the subject here, but people bitch about street racing so much then they complain about the noise from a legal drag strip so much that they get it shut down. thats just f***kin stupid :bs: ok end rant

bnickel said:
not to get off the subject here, but people bitch about street racing so much then they complain about the noise from a legal drag strip so much that they get it shut down. thats just f***kin stupid :bs: ok end rant

That's what happened there. The 1/4 mile gets shut down, then you have street racing. I don't think it is right or safe, but you take away the only outlet, what did you think was going to happen ? The same thing is going to happen in St Petersburg when they finally shut down Sunshine. Then the closest track is 2 hrs. away at 75 mph. Do you think guys like me will 4.11's and no OD are going to make that trip. It's going to be a 3 hr drive. We are being phased out boys and girls. Enjoy it while it lasts. :OT: Sorry.

68rustang said:

Wow, that's cute.

It's horrible when people bitch about the quality of something going down hill. The nerve of them! We should all just post crap here and watch it swirl in the bowl. Then, when this forum becomes completely impotent we can all go to another forum and sit around watching it degrade.

What's wrong with people wanting to improve, or even retain, the quality of this place? When people bitch they get a bunch of real friendly community members posting wise azz comments and gay, I mean cute, little graphics. Maybe people should quit bitchin about people bitchin. Or, maybe people should try listening to the bitchers, there might just be some valid points.

There are reasons these people quit coming here, but post regularly elswhere.

I'll just keep rearranging these deck chairs. Maybe I can get the band to play a peppy little number. We'll have to remove these silly life SN lifeboats so the band has a place to set up though.

OK, bitch at me now :rolleyes:

gp001 said:
Wow, that's cute.

It's horrible when people bitch about the quality of something going down hill. The nerve of them! We should all just post crap here and watch it swirl in the bowl. Then, when this forum becomes completely impotent we can all go to another forum and sit around watching it degrade.

What's wrong with people wanting to improve, or even retain, the quality of this place? When people bitch they get a bunch of real friendly community members posting wise azz comments and gay, I mean cute, little graphics. Maybe people should quit bitchin about people bitchin. Or, maybe people should try listening to the bitchers, there might just be some valid points.

There are reasons these people quit coming here, but post regularly elswhere.

I'll just keep rearranging these deck chairs. Maybe I can get the band to play a peppy little number. We'll have to remove these silly life SN lifeboats so the band has a place to set up though.

OK, bitch at me now :rolleyes:

personally GP, i think that ll this bitching on the boards is keeping a lot of people from posting and even joining. for instance, if you were not already a member and were surfin the web and found this place with nothing but a bunch of posts bitching about how bad this place sucks and that they are leaving because of it, would you join and start posting here? think about it. i agree that losing long time members is not good, but if they are the ones doing al of the complaining maybe it's time for them to move on to something else. no offense buddy, and i hope you don't take it that way, just my point of view.

bnickel said:
personally GP, i think that ll this bitching on the boards is keeping a lot of people from posting and even joining. for instance, if you were not already a member and were surfin the web and found this place with nothing but a bunch of posts bitching about how bad this place sucks and that they are leaving because of it, would you join and start posting here? think about it. i agree that losing long time members is not good, but if they are the ones doing al of the complaining maybe it's time for them to move on to something else. no offense buddy, and i hope you don't take it that way, just my point of view.

I agree about the bitching, but the quality is also keeping people away. I know if I came to a board to discuss classic mustangs and saw a bunch of OT or ridiculous posts (WTB, WTS, How much is this worth, etc) I would move on to the next result in the Google search. If I saw long time members get blasted for attempting to "self police", or give their opinion on proposed changes, I sure the hell wouldn't stick around either. You all know I have been saying this stuff for well over a year, so it is nothing new coming from me. Complaints should be listened to and evaluated. If they are valid they should be addressed. Unfortunately, valid concerns just get slammed with wise azz comments and never corrected.

I did not take any offense to your post. Rational, adult conversation is SUPPOSE to be what happens here. You and I can have different views and still discuss the issue as 2 concerned members of the forum. Sad though that this place is so touchy that we all feel we have to qualify posts with "Don't take offense".

Exactly GP, constructive adult (mature at least) conversation / posting is what we want here. Bit ching like "Stangnet suck, I'm OUTTA HERE!" Isn't constructive. However, starting a post about what you don't like and asking members to post their feelings on the subject in the aim of creating a better forum is much better. I'm all for that, but it doesn't have to be whining.

I also dislike how everyone has to put a disclaimer at the end of their post saying they're not trying to flame or hurt feelings. Maybe we should put something in our sigs like "I'm not trying to offend you unless I say so in the post". Maybe the rules of the forum can be changed to include a reminder to give every post the benefit of the doubt that it was meant in good taste.

Route666 said:
Exactly GP, constructive adult (mature at least) conversation / posting is what we want here. Bit ching like "Stangnet suck, I'm OUTTA HERE!" Isn't constructive. However, starting a post about what you don't like and asking members to post their feelings on the subject in the aim of creating a better forum is much better. I'm all for that, but it doesn't have to be whining.

Many of us (myself, oz, 67sally, etc) tried that at one point only to be responded to with the pre-pubescent types saying "We'll post what we want you arne't the boss of us". As Allcarfan found out, that exact attitudes still exists today. Just look at Historic's thread over in tech. He even put it wasn't tech in the title. It's that kind of a-hole mentality that most of us are sick of. We get a talk forum and people don't even have the respect to post non tech BS in here. Look through this weeks threads and you'll see how many WTB, WTS, and other non tech threads flourish. And remember, WTB and WTS are prohibited by the forum rules.