This sound like a good Deal?

exindust

May 8, 2004
Moorpark, CA
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Edition (GT)

s/chrgd 397, 5 spd, V8, 27K mi, mint cond in & out, Cobra brakes, lowered, lthr int, Mach stereo 6 CD, Blk, $17,900/obo

supercharged bullitt, he said it hit the dyno at around 320HP at the wheels

this sound good?

the car has 27k miles on it... with the car running a supercharger is the car going to crap out on me quickly? i need it at least for 100k miles, it will be upkept and maintained vigorously.

• Sponsors (?)

exindust said:
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Edition (GT)

s/chrgd 397, 5 spd, V8, 27K mi, mint cond in & out, Cobra brakes, lowered, lthr int, Mach stereo 6 CD, Blk, $17,900/obo

supercharged bullitt, he said it hit the dyno at around 320HP at the wheels

this sound good?

the car has 27k miles on it... with the car running a supercharger is the car going to crap out on me quickly? i need it at least for 100k miles, it will be upkept and maintained vigorously.
What's the "397"? Is that the estimated flywheel HP?
It all sounds good, but driving it will give you a better idea of what it's all about. Listen for and question every little sound you may hear. Don't necessarily believe that line, "Oh, that's normal for a supercharged car" or some crap like that.
Why is it for sale? Any maintenance records? Talk to whomever did the work. 320 at the wheels is a bit low, but not that low...it's 100 more than stock, which is about right for a KB 6 lb kit (and no other mods though, which is unusual - I mean, usually they also done the exhaust at least.) Kenne Bell says their 6lb kit typically gains 106 HP at the wheels.
What kind of S/C is on this Stang?

dont the bullits come with like 270HP from ford which means its really closer to 240 due to HP/TQ loss plus 100 HP from the SC running at 6psi mind you. That all in all comes to 340ish to the wheels with about 370 flywheel right? And with this thing running 6psi is my car going to ***** out on me early? like before 100k miles? i wont run it at the track nor ride it hard... well occasionally i might have some fun.

exindust said:
dont the bullits come with like 270HP from ford which means its really closer to 240 due to HP/TQ loss plus 100 HP from the SC running at 6psi mind you. That all in all comes to 340ish to the wheels with about 370 flywheel right? And with this thing running 6psi is my car going to ***** out on me early? like before 100k miles? i wont run it at the track nor ride it hard... well occasionally i might have some fun.
Oh yeah, you're (almost) right. Actually they were rated at 265. Modifications include twin 57 mm bore throttle body; cast aluminum intake manifold, high flow mufflers for increased power and aggressive sound and optimized alternator and pump pulley ratios.
But the 100 RWHP for a 6lb S/C is a educated guess. We are all just speculating here; let us know what you find out.