Throttle body : 65mm vs 70mm vs 75mm

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
I wanna bought aftermarket TB but I don't know which one is better for my , 65 ,70 or 75mm , this year I have plan to put Cobra intake and maybe 94-95 Cobra heads (GT40s) and meybe 73 or 77mm MASS
So which one is better for me, some people said with bigger TB I gonna lose HP and het torque is that right

• Sponsors (?)

for the most part is is. If your going to stay N/A and not ad a turbo, Nitrous, or a supercharger then all you need is a 65MM, if you add a Power adder then you can go up to a 70MM. Dont worry about getting a 75, you wont need it unless you plan some radical sick combo.

65mm is the biggest you need if you are staying N/A, and it would probably be enough even with a power adder on a 302. The thoery behind this is that too big of a throttle body kills velocity, which in turn kills horsepower.

The bigger throttle body kills torque, not horsepower. On a H/C/I car with all the bolt ons and a 65mm TB, it will have higher torque numbers and lower horsepower numbers than a car with a 70mm TB.

Joe

GTJake said:
Why? You think it's hurting you or something? I really want to go to the track and try out the stock 60mm, then 65mm and a 70mm.

Jake

I dont really Use NOS that much. I see the track maybe 5 times a year. I think that it does take away from my low end some. But I can say one thing: I never had problems with this TB. Its a BBK unit.