throttle body options ?

warwickben

May 13, 2007
hey guys and the few women. me and my buddy are resto moding a 1984 rs turbo capri. we built up the motor pretty good if i say so, custome pistons ect.

we are going to be running a front mount inter cooler, so where turning the intake 90 deg to face forward. we got the upper and lower off a svo so we were able to gut the upper after i add more metal to fill the groves that are on two of the sides. i allso knifed the lower.
befor i weld the mounting plate back to the upper and finsh the port job on it where looking for a bigger throttle body. i have seached and have yet to see a bigger throttle body made for the 2.3 turbo motor. i have heard of people useing 5.0 throttle bodys befor. i have a few question how can i get around the tps hook up. and what ones would work good for the car. we plan on running high boost. i can get adpater plates made and i can handle the tig welding so i know iam going to have to do some fab work.

• Sponsors (?)

The easiest fit is a '94-95 GT or Thunderbird Supercoupe 60mm throttle body. These are easy to fit really, you just have to redrill a couple holes in the throttle body and port the upper to match. No fabbing or anything.

40bob.com has a kit with a bracket to adapt the throttle cable properly, and a piece to use a 2.3 TPS on it (although even with that I had to make a little piece to adapt the throttle cable). Serves the same purpose as that Racer Walsh kit but it's about $420 cheaper. BTW I got my throttle body off the classifieds here for about $40.

Why do you want to "get around" the TPS hookup?

Well, the non-adjustable TPS that the '94-95 GT throttle bodies use requires an adapter pigtail from Ford Motorsport, but it's like $20. I have one on mine. I had to cut the EGR boss off the intake to fit it, but I wasn't using the EGR anyway.

But like I said, if you get the adapter kit from 40bob it has a clip that lets you use the old-style adjustable TPS.