Tire Questions

Hey, I think I finally decided to get the Chrome 18inch Saleens from American Muscle.
Are the Sumitomo that AM has good? I would rather get BFG's. Is it better to buy the wheels and tires in one package or buy the tires separately? I think I want the 285/35/18 in back and 255's in the front. Will this look good? I called a tire place and they said they cant even special order BFG 285's:shrug: , All they had in stock was 245 BFG KDW-S. Where did you guys get your tires from?

• Sponsors (?)

The BFG's carry a hefty price tag, plus you will need to get them mounted and balanced so you will be paying more there as well. I just got my Fr500's from AM mounted and balanced on Nitto 555r's for free. Just take off old wheels, put on new wheels, easy as that. I will get an alignment asap obviously.

The Nittos are great, i've had them on the car before. I would not recommend the Sumitomos based on searches I have done on here in the past.

If your looking for a tire that is better then the Sumitomos and just below the BFG's in performance, I would recommend the Nittos. Plus AM will mount and balance for free.

If you've got the money to spend and want BFG's, Tire Rack is the way to go.

Good Luck

Sumos are not that bad of a tire. For the price of them they are a decent tire. I have the Sumo HRTZ and don't have any complaints on them. I only drive around town though and get on it every now and then. If you looking for just a street tire, they would do the job. If you expect on going to the track a lot than I would go with a more expensive tire.