Tire/rim Fitment

totzstang

Apr 17, 2015
I got a set of 19 in rims w 225/35 wrapped around them...the rims dont fit over the hub centers so I'm needing to get spacers or adapters. Have read that w spacers the studs can be to short and u gotta replace w longer studs...thinking bout saving alil time and getting 1 in adapters but not sure if fronts clear fender and may have to roll the fender some. The backs I don't see a issue and starting to thing a 2 in adapter will put the stance in rear looking nice...
Thoughts on spacers /adapters/and tire fitment on front

• Sponsors (?)

Just my opinion. I have never liked wheel spacers and adapters. They make things that aren't supposed to fit, kinda fit. They put extra stress on parts that aren't necessarily meant to have that extra stress, in particular wheel studs. That stress is multiplied if you take some hard turns. Had some front spacers on an old Firebird, a long time ago, and was constantly worried the studs would give and the wheel would come flying off. I'm kinda paranoid though.....

If you just gotta do it, get some ARP wheel studs and good lugs to go with them. I'd sell the 19s and get wheels that fit properly.