Tire Size for a 15" rim

silver04stang

Sep 29, 2004
Hey guys,

I'm going to buy a 15" wheels for the rear and I was wondering if anyone knew the largest tire you could get on a 15" wheel. My guess was maybe a 275x65? not sure though...I would appreciate any help. Thank guys!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think they make a 275/65 but they do make a 275/60 and they fill up the wheel well good. Or you could go with a 275/50 and I think they are wider and a litttle shorter than the 275/60s. But either one would look good.

thanks a lot for the input.

15x8" I may not go with that big of a wheel, im just wondering whats the largest I could go with. I am installing 410 gears, a new diff, and 31 spline axles next week just a little worried about hooking up.

I have a set of 17x10.5 bullitts with 315/35 555R's right now but those are bald. i was going to buy some 15x8 weld draglite wheels for the dragstrip when i go. i wouldnt daily drive these.

any other suggestions about other sizes are all welcome. i appreciate any input. thanks guys!

Im running a 15x7 V6 Mustang wheel, with a 275-60-15 BFG drag radial at the strip.

My car is lowered a little more than an inch in the rear and when I backed out of my driveway and hit a dip the right rear tire got slashed by the inner fender lip... My axle is also slightly shifted to the right, so this may or may not have happened if that wasnt an issue.

Id suggest that being the largest tire, its 28" in diameter and will work well if you are running 4.10 gears on the 1/4 mile and plan on trapping around 110mph. That extra diameter will give you a few more MPH to play with. My car with 4.10's, 4th gear ends around 108mph.

If you arent trapping that high a 275-50-15 is a 26" diameter tire if I remember correctly, it would work fine also.