Tires Rubbing

Foxstang31

Aug 11, 2015
I have 275/35/18 tires and they rub everytime I hit a bump the back tires rub. It still has stock springs. The shocks aren't the original they are white, I tried seeing what kind they are but no luck. I was wondering a way to fix this? Could I get some adjustable shocks to stiffen it up? I was thinking about buying the strange 10 way adjustable shocks for the rear and stiffen them up a bit so it won't rub?

• Sponsors (?)

Where is the tire rubbing?

The strange shocks can be adjusted to help, stiffer springs too. You'll just be jarring the crap out of yourself with a harsh suspension though.

IMO, if you don't know what shocks you have on your car, then it's probably a good time for new ones. Those strange shocks are very nice (and reasonably priced).

Post a picture of the tire and the part of the tub it's rubbing against.

I think the shocks might be worn out, the tires are rubbing the fender lip on the inside. It's eating away the sidewall of my tire. You can peel the rubber off the lip, only happens bad with passengers mostly

What are the specs on the wheels? Offset? BS?

If you are rubbing on the outer fender lips, an option is to roll the fenders. But the issue is the wheels are sticking a tad bit too far outwards. Are you running SN95 brakes out back?

Reactions: 1 user