Transmission choices

• Sponsors (?)

The only information that has been made available so far regarding the transmission points towards a T-56. I don't imagine them producing a version with an automatic, if that was what you were hoping for. :shrug:

"...Strong transmission for powerful engine

Few transmissions exist in the marketplace today that can handle the torque loads generated by the supercharged GT500, so SVT engineers are opting to stick with the proven heavy duty performance of the T-56 six-speed manual gearbox. The T-56 first appeared in the 2000 SVT Mustang Cobra R, powered by a naturally aspirated 5.4-liter V-8 with 385 horsepower, and later in the supercharged 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra whose DOHC 4.6-liter produced 390 horses. For the Shelby Cobra GT500 show car, the T-56 will be geared to make the most out of the supercharged 5.4-liter's broad power band..."

As taken from (bottom of page 6):

http://www.stangnet.com/2005-Mustang/Ford-Shelby-Cobra-GT500-by-SVT.html

:cheers:

I dought the Shelby will have an auto option. However, Ford has promised several speciality Mustangs right after the release of the Shelby. I suspect your auto option will be available in one of those models

Thought to chime in and say that I'll choose the stick everytime..

(1st and goal) "Yea it sucks but at least I'm not dead."

...and I'm sure everyone will agree when I say thank god your ok!
Selling my scooter 'cause that 'ol black clouds been starting to close in on me (I'll give it a rest for awhile).

Now for the two best sig's" I've seen:

I want to be so rich that when I say "Bring me my midgets!" people scurry to make it happen.

"God bless the V8's the USA and Big titties"

:rlaugh: