Trany Guys Check In Here

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
A few days ago I posted that I blew my T-5, I had asked about the new TKO-500 and 600 and got a good response. Well, I am going all out and getting a Viper T-56, please post where/who I should buy from. Also, how much will it run me to shorten my FRPP driveshaft and what kind of shop I should bring it to.
Oh and this is no b.s. post, I am putting the order down this wednesday or thursday.

Thanks in advance,
Fawcett
1995 Black Gts
Busted T-5/Boltons
[email protected] before the T-5 went on street tires

• Sponsors (?)

D&D Performance is good to deal with. They have packages available with everything needed to fit the t-56 into different year mustangs. I bought my TKO-600 and corrosponding parts from them and had it 2 days later (They're in Michigan and I'm in St. Louis).

I thought about getting a T56 but the gears for that tranny are very expensive compared to the TKO's and you can get a TKO to handle 800+ HP. A good built 800+ capable t56 will prob run over or around 3500 with all the parts to make it fit..if you went to tko route it would be a little over 2000...correct me if im wrong but i think this is pretty accurate...atleast for me.

thanks for the replies guys, really helpful. tomorrow i am placing my order with Don Walsh (a sales rep? at D&D) told me that they were good to over 1000hp and 900ft lbs. i think a 6 speed would be cool in my gts. he also mentioned that the trany's are built at their own shop. anyone know about this?

how much should it cost me to get my frpp drive shaft shortened?

thanks in advance
fawcett

Knowing the aftermarket, I'd guess he said something to the effect of, "Well, our T56's are rated at 550 lb/ft of torque but we have guys running them with 900-1000 hp no problem." That way the liability statement is out there but you think it can go higher.

For what it's worth, I believe the Viper T56 can go quite a bit higher than 550, but add slicks and a lot of 1/4 mile passes and I'm sure the weaknesses will show themselves.

Oh, and Don Walsh, that sales rep, tends to make 1 or 2 passes down the 1/4 when he can. :rolleyes: