Trap Door Hinge Plates

Rapterman

Jan 16, 2015
Hey guys, I am new on here and am in need of some help. I have a 1965 mustang 2+2 fastback 289 that I just recently finished restoring. All original and looks beautiful. well I did most of the work myself then sent it to a place in Denver NC that specializes in classic car restorations. I did this to get a good original paint job on the car. when I got the car back I reassembled it. I was finishing up the interior and went to install the trap door and noticed that the shop robbed me of theses rare metal threaded blocks that mount in the trunk inner frame and the trap door hinges attach to theses blocks. I can not find theses blocks anywhere in any parts catalog. I have been searching the web and cant find much information. I confronted the shop owner and told him what was taken from my car and he reassured me he would locate some. Well he still has not found me the blocks. dose anyone know how and where to find theses 2 blocks. I really would like to put the original blocks back in there and not a clip of some sort.

• Sponsors (?)

The plates are not welded in they just have a metal flange on the corner of them that holds them in place before the hing is bolted to it. They slip inside of the welded bracket. It allows the hinges to be adjusted. The nut plates were taken. I think someone at the shop knew it is a rare item. I can't find them anywhere.