?? Trick flow upper intake and tb??? need some advice?

newedgestang02

May 5, 2008
Hey guys,

Just doing my extensive research before I do any modifications to my baby. Just wondering if any of you are running the trick flow tfs upper intake and throttle body. Also if anyone has it, how is the quality of the intake and the ease of installation. I went on trickflows web site and they have like 6 different upper intakes but they all look the same, which one do I need, Its for a 2002 gt manual

check this out: Trick Flow® High-Flow Upper Plenums for Ford 4.6L 2V - trickflow.com

If any one has any input on these upper intakes please spread the knowledge!!

Thanks in advance!
This web site has some great informational people

• Sponsors (?)

You can probaly find the BEST prices for the Trickflow intake plenums as Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts | 800-230-3030 they also have free shipping... they may have the thottle bodies as well.

Welcome to RPM Outlet sells the plenum and t-body combo's aswell, their prices aren't too bad.

The Trickflow plenum's and t-bodies work great. Get the 75mm throttle body, don't waste $ on a 70mm because if/when you REALLY start pushing air through the motor, the 75mm will benefit you the most and it will not hurt performance in the mean time.

It is a fairly easy install, nothing complicated about it.

You can probaly find the BEST prices for the Trickflow intake plenums as Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts | 800-230-3030 they also have free shipping... they may have the thottle bodies as well.

Welcome to RPM Outlet sells the plenum and t-body combo's aswell, their prices aren't too bad.

The Trickflow plenum's and t-bodies work great. Get the 75mm throttle body, don't waste $ on a 70mm because if/when you REALLY start pushing air through the motor, the 75mm will benefit you the most and it will not hurt performance in the mean time.

+1

I haven't checked lately, but they used to be $99 there for the base ones. :nice:

I have it. Its a bad first mod. Get a tuner and gears before you do anything else. Both give way better gains for the money.

The intake plenums are a load of recent hype. Steeda pulleys give the same gain as a TB/plenum combo but actually improve your mpg too. They pay for themselves in no time these days.

Reactions: 1 user
For my SN95 (98GT), it definately pulls harder and improved times when I added it after some other mods (PI intake, cams and exhaust). Compared to an '02GT though, mine comes with a smaller TB and a bit more restrictive stock upper intake so I don't know if it would have the same effect. I can say that it is a quality piece - got the powder coated silver version and fit was perfect.

Im running the trickflow upper plenum and it whistles like a bitch. I can't even count how many times people have asked me if I'm running a supercharger. Other than that I have no complaints .

Yea, I've done everything. Checked all possible leaks. took apart the thottle body and the upper and lower intake. The whistle is coming from a little lip created where the upper plenum screws on to the pi lower intake. Just doesn't line up perfectly. Eventually I'm just going to buy a one piece intake.

Thanks for all the responses guys! Im going to order the kit were it comes with the intake and the throttle body.... but I have two more questions. Will the stock intake tube fit over the larger 75mm throttle body, and does anybody know where I can get this kit in the silver powder coat instead of the natural aluminum. I think the silver poweder coat looks soso much better, but I can't find the package that comes with both The upper intake and the throttle body in silver powder coat???

Thanks for everyones input!

i have a stock 2002 4.6L GT, what kind of throttle body should get to upgrade it? and would i have to upgrade my intake manifold also to do so??

Trickflow plenum and throttle body are a decent piece. You won't get a noticeable amount of power on a stock car but some claim a little better throttle response. On a naturally aspirated car, I would stay with the 70mm throttle body. If there is a supercharger in your future get the 75mm. Take a look at the BBK 78mm if you want the biggest on the market.

If you got about a grand to throw down on an intake, look into the streetburner and track heat intakes from Trickflow. That replaced the entire intake manifold. Again, not going to make a whole lot of difference on a stock car. Get some cams/heads or supercharger and watch the hp grow.

Reactions: 1 user