Trouble Starting 88

Ok so I just got an 88 Gt convert 5 Spd,bone stock. It sat for 7 yrs in a garage . It was started and fueled up and ran fine. Now it cranks and no start. It had a msd cap and rotor. It was carboned up so I cleaned it and it started again. Shut it down and no start again. I changed the ign module,started right up ,I shut it down,no start again. Checked cap,all carboned up again. Replaced with a stock one brand new. No start again. Checked fuel pressure,good, checked spark,good,checked and got 12 volt at fuel injector. Didnt check for pulse. Pushed gas pedal down
1/4 way down it attempted to fire but battery died. (Tried to trick ect by pressing gas pedal). Any help would be appreciated. I also checked fusable links for continuity and all appears well .the temp gauge worked and dash lights all work and all accessories work in car as well.

• Sponsors (?)

You might have better luck posting in the Fox forum section. But, fwiw, I had issues similar to this with my Cobra a couple years ago. Turned out to be a loose ground wire that I had overlooked. Also, a LONG time ago, I had a stock 302 II that did something similar. It would run great then die, then it would restart when it cooled down (wasn't overheating, was running a normal temperature). The problem there was Champion spark plugs. Changed them to Autolites and never looked back.