Trucarbon Hood Installation Question...

Mike Wyman

Apr 30, 2015
I just purchased a Trucarbon, A44 Carbon Fiber hood. The ram air portion is functional and leads to a square opening over the factory airbox location. Trouble is, I have not been able to find any sort of kit to modify the airbox to fit. With the cover on the air box the hood won't close, but even if it would, the air coming from the square opening would not enter the airbox. Here is a link to photos of the underside of the hood. In one of the photos you can see an after market cold air intake and some sort of new box or the old one chopped up. Any advice, hopefully from someone who has mounted this hood or one similiar, would be very much appreciated, thanks. :) ford mustang ram air heat extraction fiberglass hood

• Sponsors (?)

Just to update this... I've figured out that I need a new cold air intake kit with a new, open top air box. Still wondering if anyone out there has installed this hood and might have a recommendation on which intake and box kit to get.

JLT CAI comes to mind.
Thank you for the suggestion.. definitely looks like it would work nicely, and for a price on the lower end. I have seen these for awhile and now that I am getting ready to purchase one, I'm wondering about the wiring/electronics that my factory part has. Would I just put the wires to side and leave unhooked..? What is done with this in mind..?

Edit: Just watched a video on install and see that the mass airflow is installed into the new cold air intake. Couldn't see that from the photo.

Last edited: