Tuning Required Cai (2012 Gt)

• Sponsors (?)

You run the run the risk of running one or more cylinders extremely lean and spitting parts out the bottom of the car as you accelerate.

That's the worst case scenario. Probably the only one that matters really. :)

What do you expect to gain from this intake? Are you also replacing the throttle body?

If you wanted to install the CAI and tune it later, why did you get this CAI ? Why not get the regular Airaid CAI:
Airaid Mustang Cold Air Intake System 450-264 (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping
and remove then "Venturi Tube" tube when you are ready to have your car tuned?
It has been discussed and tested for eons now. Just changing the stock CAI will not net you anything cept a little more noise and kool looks. There is No better CAI that the stocker that Ford engineers designed. Then, with out changing the AMS to accomidate the difference in sucked in air like the guy above said ,you will be running too lean with consequences you will not like. If you really want 20 to 35 more ponies a good reputable tune is what you want. But it's your $$, what ever you do.

It has been discussed and tested for eons now. Just changing the stock CAI will not net you anything cept a little more noise and kool looks. There is No better CAI that the stocker that Ford engineers designed. Then, with out changing the AMS to accomidate the difference in sucked in air like the guy above said ,you will be running too lean with consequences you will not like. If you really want 20 to 35 more ponies a good reputable tune is what you want. But it's your $$, what ever you do.
I know that the advantages and disadvantages of installing aftermarkets CAIs with and without tunes have been discussed here for eon's because I have been a member here for eons and were involved in many of those discussions. Plus its not my money its the OP's money. If you read the first post of the thread, the OP purchased "Race Only" Airaid CAI which requires a aftermarket tuning, but he didn't buy a tuner. Apparently he wants to install it right away because he asked what would happened if he installed it with out a tune.
My question to him was if his intention was to install the CAI now and get it tuned later then why buy a CAI that requires a tune when the same company makes one with a removable insert that allows the CAI to work with the factory settings and can be easily removed when he was ready to have the car tuned.

Last edited: