Turbo Build

• Sponsors (?)

"Stock" style electronics ie ecu,mas,proper fuel system,etc is enough for a stock block turbo build IMO. Now if going to a very big fuel injector,big turbo system,aftermarket block,etc etc def go with a better ecu system ie Holley,big stuff3,etc. No way would I run a carb.

So I am tossing around the idea of going blow threw. Thoughts? I'd rather have injection. But a friend here in town is telling me carb will be much easier to tune and much cheaper.

Let's not ask that guy for advice anymore.
In all seriousness, that is an absolutely terrible idea. Complicate the entire project for no reason.

Reactions: 4 users
Honestly anyone who suggests a carb just does not have a understanding of efi.

Jim Bob says " I can't get that them there fuel injection computer assisted engine to run right. Imma throw a carbernator on dare. Let me go brush my mullet. Got a hot date tonight with my cousin from down the street. We going to chicfillet."

Reactions: 1 users
Alright did we have to go there with the whole cousin thing I mean I know she's my second cousin and all but how can you say no to this? View attachment 105363
Lol

The same way she's turned you down for your LAST dozen propositions? :shrug:

burn.jpg

That is all. :D

:leaving:

Reactions: 1 user
Let's not ask that guy for advice anymore.
In all seriousness, that is an absolutely terrible idea. Complicate the entire project for no reason.
This is great!! Totally agree.. The guy is obviously a carb guy and has no idea of fuel injection. Efi to carb is a bad idea in any situation in my opinion.

Ha! Well I'm glad I asked about the carb. He fits a few of the describing factors. That picture is burning my brain. Need some Jameson after that. Someone stated forged internals ina stock block is a waste. Is this true? What compression and hp numbers can a stock block hold up to. Should I just buy an aluminum block? At that point might as well get a 331 forged alum short block. I've made my mind up to do a 2 year build. This winter I just want the stroker put together. Next year I will add boost.

My opinion...dont boost a stock block period...get your self a good dart block or any block that is built for boost...yes a stock block can handle about 450 hp or so but its like a time bomb you never know when it will let go....im running a turbo on a stock bottom end...its going on almost 3 yrs but im far from beating on it everyday...plus i never come close to over reving it which i think kills stock bottoms ends with boost...so if i was you if you want boost spend the money and do it right the 1st time...

Stock block will put up with around 450rwhp-500rwhp. I wouldn't push it to the high end if i were you, especially if you are going to drive this thing hard.

Aluminum blocks are nice and all, but you are talking about a serious amount of money for the block alone. By the time you build the shortblock you will have spent your entire 7 grand.

If you are going with a turbo on a stock block stroker, a turbo will serve little to no purpose. You can get 400-425rwhp out of a 347. Not sure thousands of bucks to get another 50rwhp will be worth it.

Here's my opinion, either use the shortblock you have now (not sure what condition you said it was in, if you need another shortblock use and explorer engine), Add some TW's, with a good cam and intake. Drive it around and have some fun, while you build yourself a stroker. Then go from there. You have to walk before you can run. You don't know where your life or finances will be in 2 years and you don't want to be just another jackass that fails to meet their goals and has a pile of worthless junk in their driveway.
The TW's are good because they can be Cnc'ed to work better on a stroker in the future.

Too many guys come here with these big plans. Most disappear and never finish. Set some obtainable goals and grow with the car. You don't need to go from 200rwhp to 500rwhp. These cars are way lighter than a new car, 325rwhp is quite a bit of power in a fox.

To build an all around effective 500rwhp fox, it takes 15-20 grand. Suspension, rear, trans, this crap adds up. Get it going with the HCI then move on to rest of the car. When the rest is done, come back to the engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users