Electrical Turn Signal/tail Light Issue

Azrael.nc

Sep 11, 2014
Hello! A few months ago I noticed my right hand turn indicator on the dash was blinking faster. Naturally I assumed one of my lights were out, but by the time I got home to check, it was fine again. It happened a few more times at random and then stopped all together. Within the past few weeks it has started happening again, but on the left side. Now it happens frequently and long enough that I can see it outside of the car. It's just the tail light, as the front turn indicator works fine. It is unresponsive when I press on the brake or turn on the hazards, and even when I lock the car.

I should mention that I replaced the factory tail lights with a sequential LED system (full housing replacement), but I have put the factory lights back in to rule out an issue with those. A friend suggested it might be a turn signal relay, but I'm not sure where that would be located. Any help/suggestions/etc would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you can try a non thermal flasher that might fix it. They are called electronic flasher and flash at a steady rate no matter the load. They are only a few dollars more than thermal. I will have to look in service manual to find where flasher is.
Richard