Uh-oh another who would win thread

Cory281

Jun 6, 2004
Hey guys, first time I have posted over here in the mighty 5.0 section. I've been wondering something for a little while now that you guys could answer for me.

A friend at work and I want to go to the track this year and race. I'll still go even if I think I'll lose, it's all fun. But I'm wondering how I'll do against him, he has a 92 5.0 hatchback, 5 spd. He's done some work to it. The motor has been rebuilt, bored and stroked to a 347, balanced and blue printed, some comp cams cam(not sure which) mild port job on the stock heads, right now it has the stock intake manifold(he bought a Trickflow upper and lower that will probably be on the car by the time we race), a CAI and a off road x-pipe.

My car is a 2008 GT manual, with 3.55s, CAI, a good tune, mufflers, 18" wheels and BFG KDW's.

I don't expect either one of us to own each other. But I think I'll probably lose. I do know he has crappy tires on his car, he just buys cheap used tires for it.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, that's actually a tough one for me. The stock intake on a 347 is like breathing through a straw. Ported stock heads can make decent power - in the neighborhood of 300rwhp, but not unless a lot of money is put into them. It doesn't sound like that's the case with this guy.

However, if he runs with the stock intake, he's not going to make that kind of power. It will absolutely crush his engine's performance potential. All that said, I think it's going to be quite a challenge for you. Stock 3V manual, if I'm not mistaken, should run mid-high 13s@101-102mph. Your additional mods might pick up a few tenths and a mph or 2.

To do that with a fox, you need to pick up 30-60rwhp or less if it's lightened. A 347 should not have any problem picking up that kind of power, but while it's breathing through a straw, I'm not entirely sure, but I think it will be making 240-250rwhp, maybe slightly more. So, it should be enough to pull on you. That's my best guess. Now take it to the track!

Chris

Hey guys, first time I have posted over here in the mighty 5.0 section. I've been wondering something for a little while now that you guys could answer for me.

A friend at work and I want to go to the track this year and race. I'll still go even if I think I'll lose, it's all fun. But I'm wondering how I'll do against him, he has a 92 5.0 hatchback, 5 spd. He's done some work to it. The motor has been rebuilt, bored and stroked to a 347, balanced and blue printed, some comp cams cam(not sure which) mild port job on the stock heads, right now it has the stock intake manifold(he bought a Trickflow upper and lower that will probably be on the car by the time we race), a CAI and a off road x-pipe.

My car is a 2008 GT manual, with 3.55s, CAI, a good tune, mufflers, 18" wheels and BFG KDW's.

I don't expect either one of us to own each other. But I think I'll probably lose. I do know he has crappy tires on his car, he just buys cheap used tires for it.

with the TF upper and lower on the car and ported heads with the rest of the stuff, you will have your hands full but should still be alot of fun

I'm thinking the same thing as all of you guys. We plan on going to the track soon, I bet he will be running the TF upper and lower by then. I think as long as I hook up good that I'll have a pretty good shot at winning.

Thanks guys, I'll let you guys know how it goes in the next couple of weeks. :flag: