Update Rear End Gear Setting?

Old Yeller

Apr 7, 2016
looking for information on the best way to update the computer so the speedometer is accurate after installing 4.10 rear gears in place of the stock 3.55 on my 06' GT.
Can a speed shop do this? My Ford dealer can't.
Any help is appreciated!!

• Sponsors (?)

there are a couple of DIY options. Ford Racing Speedometer Recalibration Tool (94-10 All) or Bama X4/SF4 Power Flash Tuner w/ 2 Custom Tunes (05-10 GT, Bullitt) both should take care of your problem

there are a couple of DIY options. Ford Racing Speedometer Recalibration Tool (94-10 All) or Bama X4/SF4 Power Flash Tuner w/ 2 Custom Tunes (05-10 GT, Bullitt) both should take care of your problem
- Best to go with the tuner here and get the additional benefits of the tuner. Either way is good and you can do it yourself. Can be tweaked if you adjust tire diameter too.

The 4.10 gearing s right for me BlackBuggy. My 06' is an auto, but my last one 04', was a 5 speed, so I know what they are all about as well. I did not own this one before the gears were changed, but I can tell you that I am not going backward. If I was mostly highway, I might consider the 3.73 gears. My RPM at 65mph is 2250, so not too bad.2500rpm at 70mph. Strong launches, and light em up when desired, is the calling card of the 4.10's.
I'm new to StangNet, and still trying to figure out how to upload a pic of the Screaming Yellow Stang. Any advise is appreciated, as my attempts have failed.

Reactions: 1 user
I have thought about going 3.73, but I have 3.55 and just got traction lined out after getting wider rims and tires.

When you log in, go to the very top right of the screen where it says your name- in your case, "Old Yeller", and hover over it with the mouse until the drop down menu pops up. Click on "Avatar" and you can upload from there.

Your picture will need to 200 x 200 pixels max and it can't be a bitmap.

Well, I have now tried to upload a pic with 3 different quality setting - 2.5Meg, 750K, and 38K and none of them seem to take. they are JPG picture files so not bitmap. The site says 200 x 200 min. of which the 750K and 2.5Meg definitely are.
One the two larger size pics, they do fill in the avatar pic area, but when I click it to accept, it just doesn't take.
??????????

Well, I have now tried to upload a pic with 3 different quality setting - 2.5Meg, 750K, and 38K and none of them seem to take. they are JPG picture files so not bitmap. The site says 200 x 200 min. of which the 750K and 2.5Meg definitely are.
One the two larger size pics, they do fill in the avatar pic area, but when I click it to accept, it just doesn't take.
??????????

Let me check some settings. I'm pretty liberal with image sizes (sometimes to the chagrin of the site owner. Shhhhh. :hide:

Edit:

Give it another shot. If it doesn't work, PM me and we'll see if we can't figure out what's wrong. The site should take nearly any image size. The server resizes them anyway so upload size doesn't really matter.

Last edited: