Upholstery Preference: Cloth Vs Vinyl

If you were going to re-upholster your seats and both cost the same which would you choose?

• Cloth

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Vinyl

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Wow... A poll that has a clear cut answer tree? People will begin to think that is the Global Warming forum. :chin

Cloth... Hands down. Leather looks nice and all but even that takes 2nd over nice cloth seats for comfort.

Someone mentioned or alluded to a convertible. I'd have to think hard between cloth and vinyl for a vert but that's the only decision I could see to make.

With the neoprene, if you shave your back-side a few days before a road course event then the stubble will provide more seat traction. :nice:
Meh let's face it. My bare ass on a milk crate will provide more support on a road course than a stock mustang seat regardless of material finish. Minimal side bolsters, no lumbar support to speak of.Let's not fool ourselves here.

st-kirk-khan.jpg

Ive had two sets of seats done, one by TMI and the other by a local upholsterer, both leather. Next set of seats I recover will also be leather. The TMI covers were great, btw.

Say the car will never be on a road course take that out of the equation. I think if you had two identical cars and the only difference was one was cloth and the other was pleather set em on the town square side by side and a "non car guy" passed by he would take a 2nd glance at the pleather before he would the cloth.

I would. Maybe it's a slightly different boat though. I dunno... I really like the GT500 seat swaps that I've seen for a Fox. Not sure I could swap out my OEM seats that have what I consider a trademark headrest. I like the Halos. Maybe for just nostalgic reasons though.