Upholstery Upgrades using Stock Fox Frames!!

@TMIproducts Looking for fox coupe rear seat cover that is 03 cobra pattern. Black leather or vinyl with the grey suede inserts. Can you guys help out ? i have the real 03 cobra fronts . Need a rear matching cover.

• Sponsors (?)

@TMIproducts Looking for fox coupe rear seat cover that is 03 cobra pattern. Black leather or vinyl with the grey suede inserts. Can you guys help out ? i have the real 03 cobra fronts . Need a rear matching cover.

It can be done. Call our customer service desk and tell them you want the Cobra Upgrade for a Fox Body rear seat - they'll be able to quote you with that description. Thanks - Waylon

It can be done. Call our customer service desk and tell them you want the Cobra Upgrade for a Fox Body rear seat - they'll be able to quote you with that description. Thanks - Waylon
Will do thanks buddy

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I've seen your products at a few car shows, and they look amazing. I have a 95 GT convertible with tan leather seats that have seen better days. My sun visors (black cloth) are also shot. What am I looking at price wise for new front and rear leather seats, new front foams, and sun visors (if you make them)? Also, how much of an upcharge would there be to make the piping a contrasting color, while leaving the rest of the upholstery stock? Thanks.

I've seen your products at a few car shows, and they look amazing. I have a 95 GT convertible with tan leather seats that have seen better days. My sun visors (black cloth) are also shot. What am I looking at price wise for new front and rear leather seats, new front foams, and sun visors (if you make them)? Also, how much of an upcharge would there be to make the piping a contrasting color, while leaving the rest of the upholstery stock? Thanks.

Hello Mark and thank you for the compliment on our products! If you're looking for stock foam, upholstery and visors - in order to get you the best price available I would suggest checking with your favorite latemodel mustang parts supplier such as Latemodel Restoration, CJ Pony Parts, National Parts Depot, Mustang Depot, Mustang's Unlimited, etc.. We do sell retail, however we are priced higher than all of our authorized dealers. However, if you're looking for a custom option like changing the color of the piping you'd be best to call our customer service at 800-624-7960 and have our of our helpful service reps help you work out a quote for exactly what you're looking for.

@TMIproducts
I've been looking at your upgrade options for the stock frames, and I was wondering, are any of them available in burgundy or maroon?

The reason I ask is because my Mustang II has a burgundy/maroon interior, and fox seats are actually a bolt-in for IIs, fox seats are plentiful at junkyards around here, but the upholstery is always torn up, and I see several designs I like on your site, but most of the ones I'd be interested in are showing black only.

Last edited:
my upholstery came from TMI im very pleased with it!.... its 7 years old and still look great i have the 1987-89 GT & LX ARTICULATED SPORT SEATS in grey
heres a crappy pic of my interior
P1173238.jpg

heres a better pic
PC314566.jpg
The interior looks really clean. I gotta get mines steamed cleaned, i want this look.

So... @TMIproducts ....I just got in the new TMI front cushions for my '83 T-top coupe, wouldn't it be swell if I could get a set of your R500 series covers to put over them?

Hello....

Hellooooooooooo......:stick:

Reactions: 1 user
So... @TMIproducts ....I just got in the new TMI front cushions for my '83 T-top coupe, wouldn't it be swell if I could get a set of your R500 series covers to put over them?

Hello....

Hellooooooooooo......:stick:
Just read the latest issue of C10 Builder. Apparently us Ford guys aren't important enough anymore. They're all-in on Chevy truck interiors now. That's be great, but getting no answer on my Mustang question isn't going to make me want to buy from them when I open my custom truck shop.

Just read the latest issue of C10 Builder. Apparently us Ford guys aren't important enough anymore. They're all-in on Chevy truck interiors now. That's be great, but getting no answer on my Mustang question isn't going to make me want to buy from them when I open my custom truck shop.
Jeez, I know what you mean. Scott @RacEoHolic330 got me started down this path.

He got the R500 covers for his car and they caused certain primordial feelings in parts of my body that I don't wish to speak about in the open.

He had some trouble with his seat color, he might be just a little bit anal. So I figured I would just contact them.

Maybe I just have to start barraging them with phone calls?

Jeez, I know what you mean. Scott @RacEoHolic330 got me started down this path.

He got the R500 covers for his car and they caused certain primordial feelings in parts of my body that I don't wish to speak about in the open.

He had some trouble with his seat color, he might be just a little bit anal. So I figured I would just contact them.

Maybe I just have to start barraging them with phone calls?
I would definitely give them a call, Dave. I know they're overwhelmed with orders these days, so their ability to respond is probably less than ideal now.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Is it possible to recover the rear Fox seat? I have an SN95 leather rear, and part of me thinks it would be MUCH easier to just find a correct 87-89 rear seat bottom, and recover it to match the 99-04 leather seat backs I have installed.

I wonder if TMI does a seat bottom that would match 100%, and of course ballpark cost for this.

Hello All,

Below is a diagram explaining what I've found to possibly be the best kept secret involving Fox Mustang Interiors. Basically, the diagram shows that your stock low back and stock high back seats are easily upgraded. Some upgrades simply involve new upholstery, some involve new foam buns and new upholstery over top of old frames. Either way, this diagram will go to show just how versatile your stock Fox frames can be. For instance, all of you guys with the standard low back LX seats can easily upgrade your seats to be a 90's Sport GT bucket by simply changing your foam and your upholstery!

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions! :nice:

Thanks,
Waylon Krumrie
Sales Manager
TMI Products Inc.

standalone

standalone

I gutted an '89 LX 5.0 and the car was a Frankenstein (mismatch of parts from various creatures). I'm looking to buy a TMI full upholstery kit, but am unsure what year exactly these seats are. with the seat covers off, the foam from base of the center of the bottom of the frame to top where the headrest post would be measures 24". Is that the correct way to measure these to classify as low back seats? The headrest on the car is about 10.5 inches at the base and about 8 inches in height. The driver seat has the gangsta lean and the spot weld is broken consistent with other photos I've seen. The seat back part number is E9EB 58610189AA. Before I order the wrong stuff, can someone confirm what year the seat backs are and if this is an 87-89 headrest?
2573CEA9-7B41-47D9-9E81-141663F223F5.JPG

The front seats are 87-89 Mustang Sport seats. They came on 87-89 Mustang GTs and 1989 LX 5.0 hatchbacks. They would be the correct original seats in the 89 you gutted if it was a 5.0 hatchback

It was a 5.0 LX hatch with a newer Tremec TKO 3550 and so many earlier and later parts on it I don't trust anything on the donor car. What I failed to mention in my post was when I took the headrest covers off, someone initialed and dated it to January 1994. So, I started to think the headrests could have been swapped into a 90+ seat. I also understand the 89's were 26" seat backs but the 90"s were 24". I'm getting 24" from center of bottom to center of top of the foam, which makes me doubt myself. I'm with you, everything I see tells me these are 87-89, just making sure before I order up a full upholstery set from TMI and find out they don't fit.