Upper Intake damage

Hey all, just wanted to get an opinion on whether this damage is not salvageable? What you’re looking at is the plenum side that mates with the egr spacer; it was a tough cookie to remove the spacer so the plenum took some damage

Could I just sand this down and carry on or will it never be the same ?
IMG_0550.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    580.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Sponsors (?)

Fill it with some JB weld, sand it flush, add gasket and send it.

If you were planning on deleting the EGR it won't make a difference regardless as you'd be blocking this cavity off anyway, but I would still repair and prep it.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the speedy reply!

Side question: my fox has only had three owners and I don’t see that many parts have been replaced, should I replace the TB if I’m going to up the EGR spacer to 70mm? The TPS also looks stock but i am getting a lean engine code but no vacuum leaks from what i can see

Never mind, the top right hole in the image below looks corroded beyond fixing
image.jpg

Side question: my fox has only had three owners and I don’t see that many parts have been replaced, should I replace the TB if I’m going to up the EGR spacer to 70mm? The TPS also looks stock but i am getting a lean engine code but no vacuum leaks from what i can see

Is that a stock HO intake? If so, then it really doesn’t matter what egr spacer or TB is run as the bottle neck is the upper/lower intake.