Upper Intake Install With Egr Delete

splogan

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
OK. I started this with a guy who had some stuff come up so I am trying to finish on my own. That said. on the bottom of the upper intake there is 2 ports One has the t connector the goes to the PCV. that one is easy. The other goes tot the charcoal canister. Since we removed all the EGR stuff I took out that line all the way back to the canister and said F- it. Might as well delete the charcoal canister as well with no EGR I will just vent the gas tank without it. What is the best way to cap off the other port on the intake that once went through the valve to the charcoal canister? Trying to get this car back on the road and not wait a month for my buddy to be free.

• Sponsors (?)

Meh, maybe I will just keep it. I just was wondering about the valve being good and they are expensive but that canister does not add much to the car. Easier to just leave it.

Removing the EGR or cannister purge does nothing for performance. Just cleans up the engine bay a little. It's actually better just to leave all that stuff in there, especially on a street car.

Kurt

I ended up pulling the EGR but leaving the canister. In any case after everything went back together my original problem still exists. I either got a bad MAF sensor out of the box or something else is causing the car to die as soon as the MAF is hooked up

That reset is proving challenging. I have something electrical happening, just not sure what. I got her to start and idle with the MAF but I still cant hold throttle and my voltages on the new TPS are suspect.

It will idle on its own. It dies off when I do apply throttle. I was not using someone on the gas peddle I was was using the throttle body but same end.effect. It holds for a couple seconds then dies under partial throttle.

Perhaps a really stupid question but can a MAF housing randomly go bad somehow? I ordered a 70MM MAF housing from ebay. I cant really is it because it is the non flange type so none of my stuff is set up for it. I did not realize this but out of frustration i hooked it up with my new sensor. No filter since neither my oil type or my stock paper is set up for this. Anyways, the god damn car starts runs and revs right now. My idle is a tad off but that is probably because i have been dicking with it for days. WTF. How can the housing changed it not running?