Engine Used Mustang.. Original Engine?

Hey guys! I just signed up on the forum tonight, which I've been holding off on for quite some time now. Anyways, I purchased a 2005 Mustang GT back in July of 2014, and brace yourself before you read this... but the odometer read 257,xxx at the time of purchase.

Although this sounds absolutely horrifying, I took this GT on a test drive, and it runs like a monster. It's completely stock, more responsive than I would have ever imagined, and the only noise that was noticeable to me was a bad wheel bearing. Luckily, the dealer thought it was top engine noise, and I ended up getting this car for a really good deal. I went ahead and checked the carfax and discovered that this Mustang was wrecked in 2010 (with some heavy front end damage), at about 150,xxx miles. So my question is this:

Is there any possible way for me to determine whether or not the original engine has been replaced/swapped? The carfax indicated no engine replacement, so I wasn't sure whether or not there was any way for me to correlate the engine with the VIN in some way. Thanks in advance!

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

No. Modern car engine are built with a part number and have no correlation to the vehicle hence the term numbers matching will no longer be a term used when these cars become the age of a classic. It's not unlikely that is the original engine Ford spent a lot of $$$ for the 4.6L to be long lived and leak free.