V3 Almost!

• Sponsors (?)

yup stud mount....i just put new ones on a while ago and i did 1/2 turn and a bit to snug....i know their supposed to sound like a typewriter wich they do,just wondering if i can quiet them down a bit if i made them just a tad tighter?

yup stud mount....i just put new ones on a while ago and i did 1/2 turn and a bit to snug....i know their supposed to sound like a typewriter wich they do,just wondering if i can quiet them down a bit if i made them just a tad tighter?

Little past half call it a day

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Sounds like the extra thickness from the new head gasket is making it to where you need to tighten your rockers down a bit more than before. Long tubes are a bit of a headache but well worth it with the performance gains and hopefully this is the last time for a long time you have to deal with them.

Unbolt your engine mounts from the bottom and jack up your engine a little to get a little extra room to work with.

Reactions: 1 user
Also if I ever added boost to my setup I would seriously reconsider my long tubes. I really only got them because when you have small CID and your naturally aspirated you need every bit of HP you can get from your bolt-ons which is why I got the LT's. Adding boost gives you silly HP and there is no need to bang your head against the wall working with LT's for that little extra HP gain unless you really don't mind it.

Also if I ever added boost to my setup I would seriously reconsider my long tubes. I really only got them because when you have small CID and your naturally aspirated you need every bit of HP you can get from your bolt-ons which is why I got the LT's. Adding boost gives you silly HP and there is no need to bang your head against the wall working with LT's for that little extra HP gain unless you really don't mind it.
Eh I needed all the help I could get with my small heads on the motor I did . The 1 3/4 deff sound better too

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

i went a little bit tighter on the rockers this time,not to much though,went a little passed half then a snug at the end
Looking good man . As I've said I give you props to keep pushing on !

Looking good man . As I've said I give you props to keep pushing on !

thanks pal.....long haul ya....lol.....just want it to be how we envisioned it!.....and im dying to feel this supercharger already!!

so do you guys re torque the heads after running the car?
I did this time around . But that was with MLS gaskets . Last time I didn't and I had no issues . I don't think it's needed here but that's my opinion

im not using cork gasket just a bead of the right stuff?....do i still need to seal it?.....not sure exactly what you mean?

On the engine block, the strip of metal that you would normally house the cork gasket.

upload_2015-9-2_18-46-48.png

If you lay a credit card flat against the surface with the arrow and slide it left and right, you will often find a little gap that many people forget about. It usually exists with aftermarket heads.

If you take the intake gaskets off of the picture, you might be able to see that gap from this angle. That gap needs to sealed from the beneath the bottom surface of the head (from the back side) and yes... Right Stuff would be perfect.

Just look for any gaps between the heads and the block surface looking from the center, outboard.