V3 Almost!

This pic is better:

Check for gaps and fill from behind/beneath the head surface.

upload_2015-9-2_19-0-15.png
thanks for looking out for me.....i put a bit under the tab of the head gasket,and on top.....also put a big bead of right stuff where the cork supposed to be....so i hope im good...!

• Sponsors (?)

ok,its back together!.....ran it for 20 mins and "so far" oil is clean!....i didnt have time to take it for a drive,so ill check the oil and coolant level tomorrow and we see!......i hope i got this :poo: beat!!!
0625852F-9550-4013-8A6A-70F5D9F2000E.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
@Gearbanger 101 - you know of anyone in BC that can help this lad out?
ROTFL....I appreciate the shout out Mike, but you do realize I'm on the other side of the Country from smkshw, right? That's like asking a person from New York if they they could recommend a good shop in California. :D

@smkshw I have done a little business with The Mustang Shop out West in Alberta, but its been quite a while since I've done any shopping with them though. I've always found their prices quite high.

Reactions: 1 user
ok,its back together!.....ran it for 20 mins and "so far" oil is clean!....i didnt have time to take it for a drive,so ill check the oil and coolant level tomorrow and we see!......i hope i got this **** beat!!!
0625852F-9550-4013-8A6A-70F5D9F2000E.jpg
Looks great ! NO BOOST !

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

ROTFL....I appreciate the shout out Mike, but you do realize I'm on the other side of the Country from smkshw, right? That's like asking a person from New York if they they could recommend a good shop in California. :D

@smkshw I have done a little business with The Mustang Shop out West in Alberta, but its been quite a while since I've done any shopping with them though. I've always found their prices quite high.

sorry about that. I thought everyone in Canada knew each other...lol.. what are there like 2000 people up there? :)

ok....think im on my way.....cars holding water....temp in the shop 180-190.....and oil is clean!
thanks for the help on this one boys,i appreciate it..

one thing we have to talk about though? now that im really looking,i do notice some sweating under oil cap?....the breather side is not as bad,and i just ran some new oil in it,havnt drained and flushed yet but we see,not sure if it like that because i have no more pcv?....but for now im winning anyway!

one thing we have to talk about though? now that im really looking,i do notice some sweating under oil cap?....the breather side is not as bad,and i just ran some new oil in it,havnt drained and flushed yet but we see,not sure if it like that because i have no more pcv?....but for now im winning anyway!
Short trip? You'll get a little condensation under the oil cap if you don't run the car around for a while at full operating temperature. Short trips will tend to build up a nice, creamy goo under the cap after a while, making the owner thing there's an issues...when reality, you've just got to drive it around for at least 20-minutes.

Short trip? You'll get a little condensation under the oil cap if you don't run the car around for a while at full operating temperature. Short trips will tend to build up a nice, creamy goo under the cap after a while, making the owner thing there's an issues...when reality, you've just got to drive it around for at least 20-minutes.
i havnt driven it yet,just let it idle for 10 mins or so a few times to check things out...my oil is oil so thats a very good thing so far!

ok,so its running and ready for another tune!....i have the 6psi pulley on now.....i should be 440-450ish i imagine with a safe tune?
Id hope atleast there or better. The motor has some comp and is a stroker. I made 435 at 7.5 psi with an old ass a trim and a stock bottom end with trick flow 170s, systemax, and a tfs1 cam.

Id hope atleast there or better. The motor has some comp and is a stroker. I made 435 at 7.5 psi with an old ass a trim and a stock bottom end with trick flow 170s, systemax, and a tfs1 cam.
cool....500 was nice,even though i couldnt actually use it!...after all that happend,if i can hit 450 id be very happy!.....ill report back when i get it tuned again!..,lol

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully it doesn't cost you another G for a couple pulls this time. Cost around my area is $150 - $300 depending on what you do. 3 pulls only is $150. Pulls with modifications like installing a chip or removing FMU or installing injectors the labor gets you to $350(not including parts cost).

I need a chip and new MAF, I was quoted $500ish to do all of this parts included.

I will install injectors myself.