V6 To V8

Beau Rasberry

Jul 19, 2015
I know this might sound stupid, but I bought a 2015 v6 and will be wanting to swap with a v8. I guess my questions are could you drop the v8 in the v6 bay? And what would it take to do it? Like I said, I know it sounds stupid but I love building up the cars I buy instead of just buying them top of the line.

Thanks for the help!

• Sponsors (?)

With money anything is possible. I would think the engine bay is the same size, but mounts and exhausts would be different. I would think you would be in the $10K range by the time you are done. and that's if you did the work your self, The engine alone is about 6K.

I would take the beating and trade it in and buy a GT. Just my opinion. good luck.

With money anything is possible. I would think the engine bay is the same size, but mounts and exhausts would be different. I would think you would be in the $10K range by the time you are done. and that's if you did the work your self, The engine alone is about 6K.

I would take the beating and trade it in and buy a GT. Just my opinion. good luck.
I've thought about it, but I have the tools, the garage, and the time so I figured why not.

Notice how he said V8--not Ecoboost. Point, GT.

If you drop an aluminum 427 in there, you would be the envy of the Mustang world. Same bay, different front engine harness. You can have the current cpu tuned for whatever you put in it. Exhaust, mounts, radiator, likely some accessory mods, and suspension for the added weight. I'd say the axles should be upgraded if they are smaller than the GT.

I think it would be cool to do. I also wouldn't do it. I have a '69 firebird that is getting neglected as is in my garage.

The axels are the same size. And are you sure the 427 is possible? I would love to drop the 427 in there, I eventually plan on making it a strictly drag car. Already bought new rims and tires, fronts are 255/35R20 and the tears are 315/35R20